cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using AMD Relive and Games not available in the oculus store will cause bans?

BrotherO4
Protege
We need a response to this. if you are banning people for using a feature you dont supple to us is simple not right.
all you offer was Link which is another Cable experiences. The wireless feature from amd is amazing and if you have simple gave us those 2 feature you created for the Link than the 2 frames of lag would have improved plus the clarity will gain a bump too.

due to this new policy i will avoid buying any games on the Oculus store until we can get some confirmation on this. 
7 REPLIES 7

MisterBump73
Protege
Wut?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Nobody is being banned for side-loading. Piracy, copyright infringement, and cheating in multiplayer games are the primary concerns of the platform abuse policy. I’m not sure that they’ve actually changed the policy, they’ve just made it more visible by referring to it on the unknown apps tab. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

BrotherO4
Protege

nalex66 said:

Nobody is being banned for side-loading. Piracy, copyright infringement, and cheating in multiplayer games are the primary concerns of the platform abuse policy. I’m not sure that they’ve actually changed the policy, they’ve just made it more visible by referring to it on the unknown apps tab. 

they did. you can tell by the single fact that with Beat Saber you can no longer mod it.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
The developer of BeatOn decided to take his mod down because it was being used in conjunction with piracy, and he didn’t want to take the blame. 

kojack
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

The general terms of service for customers hasn't changed since 2018.
But if you enable developer mode you fall under the extra conditions you linked, which are much more recent. I checked in the Way Back Machine, those were added sometime in the last 4 months (no snapshots between then to check).

The main issue is Beat Saber is massively popular. Having people repackage the game apks to include pirated music is not going to go down well with the music industry. They at least need to make a pretense of combating piracy.

Does Relive actually work on the Quest? The home page only says HTC Focus and Daydream.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I believe some AMD users were partial to Relive because Virtual Desktop doesn't run so well on AMD GPUs, although I'm not really familiar with that, being on team green.

GGodin released an update for Virtual Desktop today which is supposed to improve performance on AMDs, and he also issued a statement assuring users that there is no risk in using the side-loaded version of VD:
Hi guys, big update today, I'll go over the changes in details but first
let me clarify that Virtual Desktop being available on SideQuest is
absolutely not in danger with the recent changes to the Oculus terms of
service. As the developer, I am committed to maintaining and supporting
this modded version of the app. It also doesn't infringe on any
copyright issues so there's nothing to worry about. Oculus supports
sideloading and there's no indication that this is going away.

Moozoo64
Honored Guest

Doesn't "VRC.Quest.Streaming.2" https://developer.oculus.com/distribute/vrc-quest-streaming-2/ now allow amd relive VR on the oculus store now?