cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Touch Controller positional tracking timeout on slow movements (1.37.0.245188)

Tuuvas
Explorer

As seen in the below gifs, there appears to be some sort of timeout for positional tracking of the new touch controllers. If I'm making slow movements, the touch controllers appear to be "lost" and cause massive issues with position; however, performing the exact same movement only a little faster produces no issues.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Install fresh batteries

2. Restart Oculus Software via Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus

3. Launch any software as long as you can see your hands

4. Hold hand out in-front of you

5. Begin turning very slowly as seen in below gifs

• Expected Results: no tracking loss

• Actual Results: tracking loss, but only on slow movements

ga9kh73tx5q7.gif
d4izo8n0u4y8.gif
hju3zm05nsi1.gif
42 REPLIES 42

mastixas
Explorer
Any news on this "feature" that keeps on destroying my fps experience? It also happens on Quest where its very annoying trying to rest my hands on my chair arms navigating on my pc with virtual desktop and freezing all the time doing slow movements. I am currently on beta.

DSolt
Explorer
I have the same problem. Is there a solution or are we waiting for the firmware update? Someone already made a video of the problem ...

https://youtu.be/Vbken521WeQ

pappythefoo
Protege
Exact same problem Im having. This is really killing Rift S + gunstock combination. 
Ordered : 20 Sep 2013 Number : 74XXX Status : Arrived Holy Blessed Email : Nov 5 Arrived : Nov 13 Shipping Email : Nov 14

Dan1018
Adventurer
Any news?

Desert_Fox_Zoli
Explorer
My friend has booth headset. Rift S and Quest. He told me in the Quest works prefectly the tracking with gunstock already. He was tested it months ago and when not works but he tested today and the result is good.
So Quest updated already to usable but Rift S not yet 😞

pappythefoo
Protege
No update for Rift S user on this issue yet??? this issue keeps me from playing VR with Rift S. 
Ordered : 20 Sep 2013 Number : 74XXX Status : Arrived Holy Blessed Email : Nov 5 Arrived : Nov 13 Shipping Email : Nov 14

David_30
Honored Guest
I have the same issue...

GeekyGami
Adventurer
I am having tracking issues on my Rift CV1 as well now since two updates ago. 
I am on 1.42.0.314906.

mastixas
Explorer
No fix yet, dissatisfied customer here.

pappythefoo
Protege

mastixas said:

No fix yet, dissatisfied customer here.

I want them to take this issue seriously....
Do they even notice this issue though