cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Enable Developer Mode

Noti0N
Explorer
I have a new Quest and am attempting to enable Developer mode.   I have followed the guide lines published to setup a new organization - unfortunately when I toggle the developer mode which launched the Create Organization requirement in a web page.  After entering a new organization, the developer mode will not enable.  Does anybody have any idea why this process does not work?
119 REPLIES 119

kimrichins
Honored Guest
I am also having this problem. I've actually created 3 organizations now, and it still won't toggle on developer mode, but sends me back to the page to create an organization. I've restarted the app, restarted my phone, and uninstalled/ reinstalled the app. 

Were you ever able to find a solution?

NorgePlayzYT
Protege
try to reboot VR

Noti0N
Explorer
I finally got developer mode initiate but i had to do it from a fourth android device, my tablet.  None of the phones with Oculus apps worked, all attempted to create new organizations.  Try another device.

Emilian1978
Protege
For Oculus Quest, if you want to be a developer:

1. Create the organization on the Oculus Website, using a regular web browser, from your PC.
2. Enable the Developer Mode on the Android App, having the Oculus Quest connected and online at this point.
3. Restart your Oculus Quest.
4. Developer option should be now available on the left column in your All settings menu.
5. Download all the tools and drivers like in the guides you're following for sure and start programming !

GL !

OrderOfOut
Explorer
^This does not work.  We followed all of those steps.  Every single time I try to toggle the developer option on, it redirects me to the exact same website.  I'm signed in, paired, have an organization.  This system is broken.

zhyiec
Honored Guest
I had the same problem on my smartphone. I tried on my IPad. It worked. Thanks Noti0N said:

I finally got developer mode initiate but i had to do it from a fourth android device, my tablet.  None of the phones with Oculus apps worked, all attempted to create new organizations.  Try another device.

kdayknight
Honored Guest
Did any one resolve this? I have tried multiple devices including iOS and nothing is working?!

Does anyone have a solid fix for this? 

Thanks in advance

kdmv
Honored Guest
A consideration for this problem maybe - is your phone signed in through Facebook and a different account or name on Oculus' website maybe? I think i had this problem with mine because it did exactly the same thing. I signed into Oculus on a PC to create the organisation (because the website is horrendous to navigate on a phone) but then went through the phone when trying to enable developer mode. When i first set up an account i chose a username and only then did it ask me if i wanted to sign in through Facebook so i'm not sure if it's got two log-ins registered and going in via the phone sends the Facebook log-in by default which won't match the Oculus account and therefore it tries to get you to create a 'new' organisation.

Animatologist
Honored Guest
I also have this issue, I have created 2 organisations already, I always sign in with email I can connect and use rift apps on my pc using link, I just cannot get developer mode to enable. I get 2 options, no thanks and start creating.It keeps redirecting me to the website when I click start creating. This is where it says to enable developer mode and create an organisation which I have already done.
So I'm stuck. I do not have another android device to try.