New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Is it possible to connect two Oculus Rift S in one PC?

I have a GTX 1660 graphic card with 3 displayports in a PC. One Oculus Rift S has been connected to first displayport and work fine, but I failed to add second Oculus Rift S connected to second displayport. Oculus application showed second Rift S not connected. Then I tried to add one more GTX 1660 to second Rift S that is still not connected. Is it possible to connect two Oculus Rift S in one PC?

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,775 Valuable Player
     I do not believe so.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,738 Valuable Player
    In theory it should work, but only one can be active at the same time. You set the active HMD in the Oculus desktop app. Some dude had both CV1 and Rift-S connected this way. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,624 Volunteer Moderator
    I know (by doing it) that connecting a Rift CV1 and Rift-S at the same time works, but as RuneSR2 said only one can be active at once, you toggle which one is on using the desktop client. I don't know if two of the same headset can be toggled like that.

What it definitely can't do is run two headsets at once. The Oculus SDK doesn't allow more than one headset.