New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Major Forum [Log-on] Outage

kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,812 Valuable Player
Just checking to see if anyone else had major difficulties logging on to the forum?
Had 24-hours failure (may have been more but on the road).
P6ftmuw.jpg
** New Book **
"The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Comments

• KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,201
    Wintermute
    edited October 16
    You are aware this isnt the Fortnite forum ? :OMEGALUL:

Sorry couldnt resist. I havent had any issues :kappa:
    Be good, die great !
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,900 Valuable Player
    No problems here either
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,558 Volunteer Moderator
    Hit and miss Kev,  maybe we getting shut down soon.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,812 Valuable Player
    More like I did not put a coin in my meter! Thanks anyway.
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
    Techy111 said:
    maybe we getting shut down soon.
    That would be like being fired at work - what would we all do in the long hours before the kids sleep and the VR portal opens?  :# 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

kojack said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    Techy111 said:
    maybe we getting shut down soon.
    That would be like being fired at work - what would we all do in the long hours before the kids sleep and the VR portal opens?  :# 
    We could all head over to https://forum.vive.com/forums/forum/28-general-vive-discussion/ and talk about Oculus. I mean it's only fair, since we get so many non Oculus headset posts here.

Jokes aside, there nothing I'd like more than to get an Oculus HMD with Index specs or better - but I can't seem to find one B)  

Then again, haven't used Index for several days - I'm back to CV1 o:) Seems someone made a game that really needs oled darkness and a display that shines using temporal antialiasing, sigh... 

Maybe Oculus needs a new logo also when Stormland arrives ;)

Image result for all your base are belong to us

kojack said:

We could all head over to https://forum.vive.com/forums/forum/28-general-vive-discussion/ and talk about Oculus. I mean it's only fair, since we get so many non Oculus headset posts here.

Uh, just visited, felt like going from The Shire to Mordor  :#

RuneSR2 said:
    kojack said:

Uh, just visited, felt like going from The Shire to Mordor  :#

When I think of this forum I can't help thinking of Cheers  <3 

Reddit is not very personal  :| 

What's your name ? ;)

Techy111 said:
    What's your name ? ;)
    I actually use my real name! ;)

RuneSR2? Very unusual mate ;)

Techy111 said:
    RuneSR2? Very unusual mate ;)
    Touché ;) I used something very close to my real name then, well first name...

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,054 Valuable Player
    RuneSR2 said:
    When I think of this forum I can't help thinking of Cheers  <3 

Reddit is not very personal  :| 
    Ah that brings back memories......good show.
    "NORM"!!
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 162 Oculus Staff
    Hey everyone - we've continued to work on the login issues. Vanilla (the platform provider for this forum) recently pushed an update that they believe should help resolve some of the login issues we've been seeing. From what I've observed, the issue is very sporadic in nature and cannot be reliably reproduced all the time. Given this, it's hard for us to verify that the issues are resolved or if the behavior is improved. If you continue to experience login issues, please keep reporting them! Details like when you attempted to login, what browser you were using, what OS, mobile vs PC, etc. are always helpful to our investigations.

Apologies for any inconvenience you experience with the forum's login. Thanks for hanging in there with us.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,054 Valuable Player
    Hey everyone - we've continued to work on the login issues. Vanilla (the platform provider for this forum) recently pushed an update that they believe should help resolve some of the login issues we've been seeing. From what I've observed, the issue is very sporadic in nature and cannot be reliably reproduced all the time. Given this, it's hard for us to verify that the issues are resolved or if the behavior is improved. If you continue to experience login issues, please keep reporting them! Details like when you attempted to login, what browser you were using, what OS, mobile vs PC, etc. are always helpful to our investigations.

Apologies for any inconvenience you experience with the forum's login. Thanks for hanging in there with us.
    Doesn’t matter what OS/Browser/Device Type. It happens on ALL of them very randomly. 
    Fun thing, started up a PC I hadn't used for like 12 days, and I was automatically logged in here. 

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 963
    3Jane
    I've only had a couple of boring, unable to login no matter how long the little bars move, issues in the last couple of months.  Far less than there used to be.  So I'll say an improvement, but not perfect yet.  Likewise PC any browser... and random :)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
    Yeah, it should be maintaining your logged in status for the most part, unless you manually log out. The Vanilla update I mentioned only went out last week, so I'm basically looking to here if the login behavior improves from this point forward. 
    Thanks for the update @ShowbizDonkey - hope this becomes a non issue - though I have only had this problem four times over that last few years. Are you still planning a major reorganization of the forum for the New Year?

P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    edited November 6

Fun thing - today (Win10) I'm logged in using Internet Explorer, but not when using Microsoft Edge - that's on the same PC. So it's not about the IP address, maybe it's about...

Billedresultat for cookie

• MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,657 Valuable Player
    edited November 6
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,148 Valuable Player
    I absolutely LOVE Jim Henson's creations and Cookie Monster is one of my favourites.

I cried like a baby when I heard that he had died because the Muppets in particular helped me when I was a kid first diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 5. My Nan bought me a Kermit The Frog puppet who used to have injections when I had them. Was a REALLY big help to me.

I still have him and he's currently sitting on top of my wardrobe :heart:

I really wish I could shake Jim's hand and say thanks.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    RuneSR2 said:

Fun thing - today (Win10) I'm logged in using Internet Explorer, but not when using Microsoft Edge - that's on the same PC. So it's not about the IP address, maybe it's about...

Thanks for raising this. If you clear cache / cookies on Edge, does it allow you to login? Since my update on October 22nd that Vanilla had recently pushed an update should help, I haven't experienced any issues myself. I'm wondering if what you experienced today was left over from before that update.
    RuneSR2 said:

Thanks for raising this. If you clear cache / cookies on Edge, does it allow you to login? Since my update on October 22nd that Vanilla had recently pushed an update should help, I haven't experienced any issues myself. I'm wondering if what you experienced today was left over from before that update.
    I'll try tomorrow, it's my pc at the office.

edited November 7
    RuneSR2 said:

Quite strange - but today I'm automatically logged in using Microsoft Edge, but no longer using Internet Explorer. I tried to clear the cache/cookies on Internet Explorer, but I'm still not signed in - and it seems I can't sign in using Internet Explorer. Note that my work pc is part of a large corporation - I can't even install any programs on my own, so my results may be different from the average Win10 user. 

PS. I noticed - using IE - that I wasn't logged in using Oculus.com, but I was able to sign in there - but going back to the forum IE still wasn't signed in. I have a strange feeling that when using IE tomorrow I may automatically be signed in, we'll see... 

PPS. Visiting Oculus.com using Edge I wasn't signed in there - but I'm signed in at the forum. Seems like the forum and Oculus.com aren't sharing info about a user being signed in or not - or there may be some delay. But just guesswork from my side. Usually I've been able to sign in at Oculus.com and then I was automatically signed in when visiting the forum, but as described that didn't seem to work today. 

RuneSR2 said:
    .....Seems like the forum and Oculus.com aren't sharing info about a user being signed in or not......

Why am I not surprised  B)
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **