cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S / Rift 1.42 Release Rolling Out Now

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Dash

• We have added a new search feature within the Dash Store tab. This will allow you to more quickly find the games and apps you’re looking for.

Home

• When you drop into Home for the first time, you’ll now see a new brief overview of the features and potential of Oculus Home.
  • We added a new toggle for automatically launching Home. Switching this setting off will stop Home from auto-launching in scenarios like jumping into VR and exiting out of apps. You can find this option within the Settings > General menu inside Oculus desktop app.
  • We have added a new agreement to the UGC upload process. Before a new UGC item can be uploaded for use, you are required to attest that you own this content and that it does not violate any trademarks.

If you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
72 REPLIES 72

firefighter841
Explorer
When are you going to fix the orange exclamation marks when pulling apps out?

LoneEcho
Expert Protege
   Concentric circles appeared in my oculus home after the update. Non existent in any other game or steam home, videos...anything other than Oculus home. Started after this update. Rift S
tgrjk5swmkc1.jpeg

Richooal
Consultant
Rift or Rift S? Is it in both eyes or only one?
I didn't see it in my Rift.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

MikeF
Trustee
looks like FFR judging by the drop in resolution with each ring

cercata
Expert Protege

MikeF said:

Makes sense, they try it first in home, before making it available on the API ...

The forest on the left of this image is less detailed than the one in the right:

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
As my Rift cv1 is now taking advantage of 1.42's Homeless option I don't think I ever need to worry about the Home forests/trees, lol!  Maybe an issue for Oculus Home lovers though.  Hopefully Oculus Support can explain this.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

LoneEcho
Expert Protege

Richooal said:

Rift or Rift S? Is it in both eyes or only one?
I didn't see it in my Rift.

Rift S. I see it through both eyes. But as you can see it is concentrated on the left side. First i was afraid that i somehow damaged the lenses. But this is not present in anything else than oculus home

Richooal
Consultant

cercata said:

MikeF said:

Makes sense, they try it first in home, before making it available on the API ...

This is not a PTC release though, this is the live release. Nothing was mentioned about FFR in the PTC version.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

MikeF
Trustee
i've noticed ffr in home for at least a month or so even on a cv1. Just look in your lens peripherals its easy to see