cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asgard's Wrath: the most awesome VR game ever? Reviews & impressions!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Only 2 days left  ❤️ I think most of the screenshots below are from September 5, but I didn't notice them before today - click to enlarge a screenshot:

cxfbwgm3ddyb.jpgc97q5swddbfq.jpgy8p5jdvtc0m1.jpg5r7dyo2cghlt.jpg
shirm9aoyiv4.jpgi9pwayd5nd6l.jpglcnbwbs0qfcl.jpg39mg7kmetfq6.jpgfg07chbkj5em.jpg9wws5benescc.jpgcer3hs00q51u.jpgduuflf22i4qw.jpghag6rixer1d2.jpgs0bst7th4hx6.jpgp1rocpt70djs.jpgmpdmhrpvco3f.jpgkjl94fprnqe4.jpgmwtax7sumsm8.jpgum6zy5l9yjkb.jpgw0j8km6nqhpt.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

263 REPLIES 263

MowTin
Expert Trustee

rVRcloset said:

After some more time the game have gotten better. But I stil have some complaints, the biggest is the slow moving both in human and God form.. They really need to give us a run button, or a slider to increase the movement speed!!

It's a really minor annoyance given that there isn't that much territory to walk. You walk a few feet and you're at another encounter. 

I just learned that when you avenge souls you get seeds that you can use at the soul tree to get perks. 

i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Wow, there's a lot of extra content in this game. Here's a guide.

Asgard’s Wrath: How To Find And Access Major Midgard Side Locations

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

MowTin said:

Wow, there's a lot of extra content in this game. Here's a guide.

Asgard’s Wrath: How To Find And Access Major Midgard Side Locations

Agreed, getting the flying axe I got the feeling I could go back and open new locations and quests. Getting 100% scores in all quests - finding all secrets - I'll be playing this game way into 2022. But I don't mind, it feels like home  ❤️

This may be the biggest problem with Asgard's Wrath - who will now care for Borderlands 2, Population One, Espire 1, Pistol Whip, Boneworks, The Walking Dead etc... And all the other smaller indie titles... Seems like I'm down to caring about Stormland, Dead Citadel and Half-Life VR, the rest is more meeh-like... 

Feels like I could delete everything and just have Asgard's Wrath on the rig - for nothing else matters... Ok, let's see if I feel this way in a few weeks, lol.  

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

MowTin
Expert Trustee

RuneSR2 said:

Agreed, getting the flying axe I got the feeling I could go back and open new locations and quests. Getting 100% scores in all quests - finding all secrets - I'll be playing this game way into 2022. But I don't mind, it feels like home  ❤️

This may be the biggest problem with Asgard's Wrath - who will now care for Borderlands 2, Population One, Espire 1, Pistol Whip, Boneworks, The Walking Dead etc... And all the other smaller indie titles... Seems like I'm down to caring about Stormland, Dead Citadel and Half-Life VR, the rest is more meeh-like... 

Feels like I could delete everything and just have Asgard's Wrath on the rig - for nothing else matters... Ok, let's see if I feel this way in a few weeks, lol.  

Thank god I just bought a new 1TB M.2 drive. After I finish the main quest in Asgard's I'll move on to other games. I'll return to Asgard's occasionally like I do Robo Recall and Doom VFR. 

But so many games coming up that I don't know how I will manage. Stormlands will take priority. The Walking Dead, Pistol Whip and Borderland 2 VR are must-have games for me. I always wanted to play Borderlands just never got a chance. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

MowTin said:

I always wanted to play Borderlands just never got a chance. 

Same here, never got to play Borderlands 2 and would love to. I'll buy all the other games too and support the devs - of course - although I think Asgard's Wrath will take up most of my time. I do my best trying to find all secrets - and spent a long time in the shops crafting, selling and buying stuff last night, but now I'm quite well-prepared for new battles  o:)

nalex66
MVP
MVP

MowTin said:

Thank god I just bought a new 1TB M.2 drive.

I started browsing for one while Asgard's Wrath was downloading. I've still got about 500 GB left on my most recently added SSD, and about 200 GB on my OS SSD, but my VR SSD is just about full (not enough room for Asgard's Wrath there). With the size of new games lately, the space I have left is filling up fast, and I can't bear the thought of putting a new game on my old HDD.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
A small breakthrough  😄  I finally found one clear difference between Medium and both High and Epic. Namely character shadows. You don't have these shadows on Medium, but it's not very important. These character shadows mean the you and your pet (shark, turtle, eagle etc.) cast shadows. Why didn't I see that before - because you only cast such shadows in strong light - like sun light. In low light conditions you have no character shadows - torch light isn't enough to provide character shadows. I write character shadows, because the shadows cast by non-dynamic (fixed) objects, houses, cliffs etc. aren't affected and fully available on Medium. 
Character shadows are only available on High and Epic - but look the same on High and Epic.

I still have no clue how Epic is different from High.  

MowTin
Expert Trustee

RuneSR2 said:

Same here, never got to play Borderlands 2 and would love to. I'll buy all the other games too and support the devs - of course - although I think Asgard's Wrath will take up most of my time. I do my best trying to find all secrets - and spent a long time in the shops crafting, selling and buying stuff last night, but now I'm quite well-prepared for new battles  o:)

You'll see these unlit torches. There's a mini game where you have to light all of them (4 or 5) in 20 seconds. Sometimes you can only do this in god mode. When you human drop a torch. As a god pick up the tiny torch. Find a fire to light it. Then light the 4 or 5 torches quickly to complete the challenge. 

It's cool lighting tiny little torches. 

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer

MowTin said:

RuneSR2 said:

You'll see these unlit torches. There's a mini game where you have to light all of them (4 or 5) in 20 seconds. Sometimes you can only do this in god mode. When you human drop a torch. As a god pick up the tiny torch. Find a fire to light it. Then light the 4 or 5 torches quickly to complete the challenge. 

It's cool lighting tiny little torches. 

That's awesome! So many ways to solve the different puzzles. You can also use fire arrows to hit a torch that's too far in some of these situations. 

This game is amazing. I just wish there wasn't so much combat. Seems like I have to constantly fight ever 2 seconds while exploring. 

saami81
Rising Star
23 hours played and thats almost entirely main quests. I still got 2 saga endings left to finish. This is a very long game when compared to other non-openworld games https://howlongtobeat.com/#search1

Best part is that i have enjoyed every moment so far. There is enough new things to  keep interest and story is compelling.