cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I upgrade

RonEyal
Protege
Hey guys,
I have oculus rift cv1 and of course a gaming PC.
My question Is should I sell my cv1 and buy the quest using link?
Thank you
10 REPLIES 10

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer
I have a Rift CV1 & a Quest & I too have thought about this..  but I would wait until the new cable/Quest update arrives to see how good it is.
i think my CV1 is fantastic, but then it hasn’t had much of a look in since I bought the Quest.

if I did decided to sell the Rift..  what would I get for it? If the new cable/update is so good, then the Rift will be worthless.
Personally id probably keep both

so you don’t have a Quest yet....I say go for it. Having an untethered headset is such an advantage, & with the new cable...?

teaston
Protege
Definitely, being untethered makes it incredible, and no room sensors just adds to that ease of use and enjoyability! Just pick it up and use it in any room, including PC games over wifi with virtual desktop, plus no tripping over cables. 

RonEyal
Protege

teaston said:

Definitely, being untethered makes it incredible, and no room sensors just add to that ease of use and enjoyability! Just pick it up and use it in any room, including PC games over wifi with  virtual desktop, plus no tripping over cables. 

Is PC games over wifi with virtual desktop works good? I have strong Internet (around 850mb) 
I think that I may just wait and see how link is going as teaston said and then I will buy the quest.
Do u guys think that on black Friday they will have a deal on Amazon because the link will release sometime in Nov so maybe they will update it in the date of black Friday 

teaston
Protege
Wifi games have worked well for me so far, my wifi is also around 850mb.

Wolfox
Protege
I have DK1, DK2, CV1 and Quest. Maybe is better I don't give you my opinion.

Evoga
Protege
That’s what I did and it was the right decision.  So much better being wire free that you won’t want to put that new cable into the pc as it will be a step backwards.  

G4MER-D3V1L
Protege
I would say wait and see how the link cable performs and them decide. In my opinion the quest is awesome no cables and I can take it any where. Now my cv1 has better looking visual and a lot more games for now. The quest with virtual desktop open the game library to use all the steam games and this is awesome, but if you want to use your oculus games on pc you need to install another program to make it work.  I would say it all depend on what games you play now and how well the link cable will perform when it comes out. The only draw back to this that i see is the internal battery. 

JOCA-VR
Honored Guest
Man,  just try it.. the games looks and plays amazing as in the original rift!... of course some of the more demanding games such as CREED are tear down a bit graphically but with the improve optics the experience is as good as the original rift.. really you wony regret one bit once you play.. and the Freedom of being unthedered!  no price.

A10Pilot
Protege
I am a PC gamer and love playing Elite Dangerous, Xplane and Project Cars 2 so of course I have a rift. But the Quest has been a revelation for room scale games like Super Hot VR. It is just amazing for those. I am in the camp that I need a PCVR headset AND a wireless room headset both. The link will be interesting to see because I would love the dark blacks of the OLED for Elite not gonna lie.