cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S / Rift 1.42 Release Rolling Out Now

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Dash

• We have added a new search feature within the Dash Store tab. This will allow you to more quickly find the games and apps you’re looking for.

Home

• When you drop into Home for the first time, you’ll now see a new brief overview of the features and potential of Oculus Home.
  • We added a new toggle for automatically launching Home. Switching this setting off will stop Home from auto-launching in scenarios like jumping into VR and exiting out of apps. You can find this option within the Settings > General menu inside Oculus desktop app.
  • We have added a new agreement to the UGC upload process. Before a new UGC item can be uploaded for use, you are required to attest that you own this content and that it does not violate any trademarks.

If you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
72 REPLIES 72

Dan1018
Adventurer
Devs does this firmware solve this problem please? https://steamcommunity.com/app/496240/discussions/0/1638669204754467538/

It's caused by a bug in oculus firmware (not related to the game, check the examples they post it's even in the dash).

sleiN13
Honored Guest
I'm getting a "Fatal error: Dash encountered fatal error. please pres any button to reload dash to continue" when I'm disconnected from the internet. Reloading dash doesn't solve the issue. The error is drawn/shown in all programs in front of all the content. It also moves when I move my head. Basically making everything unplayable.

ruiying
Explorer

sleiN13 said:

I'm getting a "Fatal error: Dash encountered fatal error. please pres any button to reload dash to continue" when I'm disconnected from the internet. Reloading dash doesn't solve the issue. The error is drawn/shown in all programs in front of all the content. It also moves when I move my head. Basically making everything unplayable.

same problem here. Any fix? thanks

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I thought you needed to be connected to the internet initially to use Oculus Home/Dash so that you can login to your Oculus account.  After that you can go offline but you will be limited to the apps you already have in your library, and only ones that do not need an internet connection.  Also, offline you may be able to just use your Oculus desktop app and select a game from your library.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

ruiying
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

I thought you needed to be connected to the internet initially to use Oculus Home/Dash so that you can login to your Oculus account.  After that you can go offline but you will be limited to the apps you already have in your library, and only ones that do not need an internet connection.  Also, offline you may be able to just use your Oculus desktop app and select a game from your library.

We've been using Rift offline all the time, for developing mainly. After updated to 1.42, the software refused to let us use the headset (Rift s) without internet access (and we have no internet access in our lab)

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

ruiying said:

TomCgcmfc said:

We've been using Rift offline all the time, for developing mainly. After updated to 1.42, the software refused to let us use the headset (Rift s) without internet access (and we have no internet access in our lab)

I just tried this with 1.42 (using the homeless option btw) and I found that I needed to initially connect to the internet or it would not work (= fatal Dash error).  Once it started up I could go offline and everything seemed to work fine.

If you were able to startup offline but now you cannot, you should start a ticket with Oculus Support, including sending them your logfiles.  Good luck.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

nalex66
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

If you were able to startup offline but now you cannot, you should start a ticket with Oculus Support, including sending them your logfiles.  Good luck.

Please also provide feedback directly through the Oculus desktop app's feedback mechanism.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

ruiying
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

ruiying said:

TomCgcmfc said:

I just tried this with 1.42 (using the homeless option btw) and I found that I needed to initially connect to the internet or it would not work (= fatal Dash error).  Once it started up I could go offline and everything seemed to work fine.

Thanks TomCgcmfc
I've been talking with support team, and did some restart computer, uninstall, delete user data, update graphics driver from 436.30 to 436.48 then re-install, 
everything stays the same.

as you said, it works fine while start online and then go offline (1.42) 
I was able to startup offline before this update

ruiying
Explorer

nalex66 said:

TomCgcmfc said:

Please also provide feedback directly through the Oculus desktop app's feedback mechanism.

...this issue occurs offline only

Digikid1
Consultant
So what gives?  This so called "update" came out a week ago almost and nothing.  Usually only take 48 hrs.  You guys forget to feed the hamsters again?  LOL!!!!