Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

nalex66
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

I've got a weird bug happening with the latest experimental build update. I was trying to send out a new frigate mission from my freighter, but when I talk to my navigator to open the expedition menu, my viewpoint suddenly shoots out into space, so I'm looking at my freighter from afar. When I click left trigger to close the menu, I return to my body. The view is nice, but now I can't do any more expeditions.

Did you ever get this sorted?  You could report the bug perhaps and it might get fixed.  I don't have a freighter yet so I don't know anything about this phase of the game. 

I had a new update to the experimental branch when I launched Steam tonight, and my save happened to be in my freighter, so I checked it first thing, and the problem was gone. I did report the bug to Hello Games through their feedback site last week.

This is the view I had when the bug shot me out into space:
c8hhd2sywpet.jpg

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RattyUK
Trustee
@Rob_In_Phoenix
Digging holes does work - great for blowing up armoured doors...   But be aware that the 'dog' sentinel will often come down the hole after you (obviously a genetically modified terrier!) and there is nowhere to go to get away without 'digging' further 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone else getting freighters following them around..? There always seems to be two groups of ships that keep on following me wherever I go. I think it might be related to me rescuing freighters from pirates a couple of times and then refusing to take over the command of them. When I've done that I get them saying that I've got control of the ships for some reason. I just took it as a minor bug in the line of text that gets displayed but not sure if having ships jumping into space around you whenever you warp happens for everyone else all the time?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, so I've started the Abyss missions. Found the crashed ship, built my mini-sub and now have the coordinates for the freighter under the water. But I can't get to the bloody thing in my sub because I have to go over land to reach the body of water that it's in.

I'm thinking of just taking off in my ship, flying over to it and then building another bloody sub to get to the bloomin thing. A bit long winded though. Anyone got any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Couldn't do that, it wouldn't let me. I ended up digging a bloody great big long tunnel through the land masses at water level lol 😄

Took me fucking AGES lmfao  😄

Star-lizard
Rising Star
https://youtu.be/_INB1M4Zrac

Voice packs coming to no man's sky 

Star-lizard
Rising Star

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Lol, after Asgard's Wrath, Borderlands 2 VR, Pistol Whip and Stormland I've completely forgotten about No Man's Sky. 

How is the game today - has performance been improved? 

I know - I could just start the game, but it's on Steam and only my Index works there and I only got one controller for now... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Star-lizard
Rising Star
Wish I could tell you but I haven't played it for many weeks now, Iv been busy and just picked up Stormland so I possible won't try it for a few weeks
However I was running 90 fps back then
I7 9700k oc
Rtx 2080 oc
16gb ram

Anonymous
Not applicable
Performance is about the same the last time I played about a week ago.