cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heat dissipation technique

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
i was reading about how facebook wanted developers, arm in the article, to make heat less hot;

"reducing the heat that today’s processors emit"

i have a fan in my room, and it blows air on me while i sit on my chair and i had a thought.

if heat is finite, it can travel through the air and i can feel the heat in the air the fan pushes on me, but if i put a obstacle in-between me and the air the fan is pushing, the heat energy will be used up getting past the obstacle, which would make the air reaching me more cool.

so i have a old piece of plastic mesh from the crafting section of the walmart down the road and i got some of my nylon zip ties

i put the plastic mesh in the front of my fan and held it in place using the nylon zip tie and it made the air from the fan cooler.

see the attached picture to see my fan.

so my idea for facebook to reduce the heat is to have the fan they blow on stuff to cool it, to have the fan push air through a mesh like im using and then the heat will get absorbed by the mesh making the cooling system work better and make it so you need less energy to have the same cooling.
11 REPLIES 11

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
here is a mythbusters episode where they put thermite on top of ice blocks and melt the ice which results in an explosion.

they dont know why it creates an explosion but i already wrote why. the ice creates a difference in temperature of the wind, in my example the temperature of the steam, steam is a form of wind.

you can breath in steam.

when the temperature changes some of the colder air goes back into the hot but some becomes phobic to the hot and goes the other way.

one way to think of this is the curve. the cold air makes the curve, sits in the curve, the hot air moves over the curve putting the hot air on one end opposite the cold air on the other end.

the ice made the separation of cold and hot excited enough the cold air shot out from the hot air causing the explosion.

therefore, if you want more pressure from the steam water fuel i theorize could be made, you add in a coolant to serve like the ice in the mythbusters episode to make the separation of cold and hot stronger causing more of an explosive force to move the car engine faster.

so to speed up you add in more cold and to slow down you remove more cold.

cycling a water heatsink through water cooling to cycle around the steam pipe might work as a coolant.
thats probably how the big bang worked too.

MikeF
Trustee
please dont ever stop