cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

583 REPLIES 583

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
PS. It actually is a great movie - I'd probably rate it 7/10. In short, don't stop watching before you've seen at least 30 minutes 😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Told ya so!  B)

You should never doubt The Snowdog, he's right 99.9% of the time innit.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

Told ya so!  B)

You should never doubt The Snowdog, he's right 99.9% of the time innit.

But you posted that info after I stopped watching - how was I supposed to know?? 😉

From now on I expect you to watch and post about new Netflix movies no later than 3 hours after release!  😄 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Got and saw this one yesterday. It wasn't bad, I'd rate it 6.5/10, but would have liked to see some more birdie on fire - maybe Marvel can fix things now that they own the rights to X-Men...
 Image result for dark phoenix 4k box

Anonymous
Not applicable
Saw Eli on Netflix yesterday and it was awesome. B)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have just finished watching The Joker (no, not THAT one!) on Amazon Prime Video and it's by far the best of the three films I've seen over the last few days. Brilliant!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

Have just finished watching The Joker (no, not THAT one!) on Amazon Prime Video and it's by far the best of the three films I've seen over the last few days. Brilliant!

Didn't they say in The Shining: "All movie watching and no Asgard's Wrath play makes Snowdog a dull boy?"  😄  

Or maybe I remember it wrong, sigh... 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am too busy playing No Man's Sky to play anything else, although I may buy it with my birthday money next week B)

48 years old on Monday 😞

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

Am too busy playing No Man's Sky to play anything else, although I may buy it with my birthday money next week B)

48 years old on Monday 😞

You're 2 years ahead, maybe I should try No Man's Sky later again, but tonight Holoception arrives and I still have not tried the €50 Borderlands game I bought 2 days ago - and then I need to see Eli on Netflix, I'm getting stressed, lol.

Anyone seen the new Hellboy movie? I'm considering getting the 4K version, but the movie isn't on sale anywhere and the Imdb rating is close to 5... Still I love Hellboy, must count for some bias when I watch to movie, and if I then sedate my frontal lobes with alchohol, could I up the rating to 7 or 8??!... Hmmm.... 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I used to drink Red wine when watching a film, but I forget who's who now and I end up losing the plot. Trouble is there's nothing else to sedate my frontal lobes because I gave up smoking years ago. I've tried none alcoholic wine to try and fool my brain but I might just aswell drink some vinegar I have.