cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

583 REPLIES 583

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

I used to drink Red wine when watching a film, but I forget who's who now and I end up losing the plot. Trouble is there's nothing else to sedate my frontal lobes because I gave up smoking years ago. I've tried none alcoholic wine to try and fool my brain but I might just aswell drink some vinegar I have.

Hmm, yes, maybe Irish Coffee is needed, I might have taken a small nap during X-Men Dark Phoenix due to the red wine, and my wife wasn't very understanding to put it mildly. It's becoming more and more complicated to enjoy and watch movies, lol. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

RedRizla said:

I used to drink Red wine when watching a film, but I forget who's who now and I end up losing the plot. Trouble is there's nothing else to sedate my frontal lobes because I gave up smoking years ago. I've tried none alcoholic wine to try and fool my brain but I might just aswell drink some vinegar I have.

Hmm, yes, maybe Irish Coffee is needed, I might have taken a small nap during X-Men Dark Phoenix due to the red wine, and my wife wasn't very understanding to put it mildly. It's becoming more and more complicated to enjoy and watch movies, lol. 

Well my girlfriend relies on me being awake to explain the plot to her every 2 minutes, and she told me I was an alcoholic because I could no longer explain the films to her. I told her maybe she needs to watch football instead because there's a running commentary for football and she wouldn't need me to do a running commentary on films.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I saw a film called Murder By Numbers on Amazon  Prime Video yesterday with Sandra Bullock and it was quite good. I love Sandra Bullock Heart

kojack
MVP
MVP

RuneSR2 said:

Hmm, yes, maybe Irish Coffee is needed

The reason I don't drink coffee at work is because I only like it with a shot of Baileys, and I think my bosses would frown on that.
Actually, everything is better with a shot of Baileys.

A newer trailer for Blood Machines:

I really can't wait for this, it's the only movie I'm looking forward to at the moment. It's been playing at festivals and getting some good responses.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I finally saw the new Joker film. Whooo boy, was I wrong to doubt this movie. Truly epic!

I found it to be an amazing combination of films such as: Taxi Driver, Requiem for a Dream, and Fight Club.

I must own this movie.

Luciferous
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:

snowdog said:

Told ya so!  B)

You should never doubt The Snowdog, he's right 99.9% of the time innit.

But you posted that info after I stopped watching - how was I supposed to know?? 😉

From now on I expect you to watch and post about new Netflix movies no later than 3 hours after release!  😄 

Fractured, terrible film.

It was so obvious in the first minutes of the film what had happened and then I had to sit and wait for the rest of the film to confirm it. I kept thinking no, they have deliberately led me to believe this and the hospital actually had kidnapped them but no. My god they couldn't have made it more obvious. They hung too long on shots of the spikes coming out of the ground, the obvious shoulder shrug of his wife and made it too long a transition of him going into delusion mode. 2/10 pffftd

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

snowdog said:

Told ya so!  B)

You should never doubt The Snowdog, he's right 99.9% of the time innit.

But you posted that info after I stopped watching - how was I supposed to know?? 😉

From now on I expect you to watch and post about new Netflix movies no later than 3 hours after release!  😄 

Fractured, terrible film.

It was so obvious in the first minutes of the film what had happened and then I had to sit and wait for the rest of the film to confirm it. I kept thinking no, they have deliberately led me to believe this and the hospital actually had kidnapped them but no. My god they couldn't have made it more obvious. They hung too long on shots of the spikes coming out of the ground, the obvious shoulder shrug of his wife and made it too long a transition of him going into delusion mode. 2/10 pffftd

Hmmm, still I think Fractured is better than Eli, lol 😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Luciferous
Consultant
I thought Eli was a good cheesy horror movie :smiley:

Anonymous
Not applicable
I saw Orphan on Netflix last night and it was awesome. The girl in that makes even @vannagirl look sane!!!  😮 😛

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

I saw Orphan on Netflix last night and it was awesome. The girl in that makes even @vannagirl look sane!!!  😮 😛

Nice, just saw Eastwood in the movie The Mule on Netflix, he's getting quite old. He delivered a great performance, although I might not rate the movie higher than 6/10. 

Now, first Pistol Whip, then I'll check out Orphan 😉