cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Import Fail

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Guys,

I have an .STL-File from SolidEdge which i would like to look at in the VR-Realm. So I converted these File into an OBJ-File. Then I put this File in the Folder for Medium Import. (....\_impor\stamps). But in Oculus Medium I've got everytime an error report wenn I'll import the files. I have a picture. (sorry its in german. it means: "Import for: <File Name> failed. Fail by loading the Format Templet Mesh: xanadu #<File Name>.obj )kkmuk0xdy269.jpg
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

johnboyjr said:

SadikuA said:

johnboyjr said:

When I'm loading the STL into Noesis I'm getting this error: "This file cannot be previewed"
It says "Export Complete" but I've got no new file.

Can you send me the file

yes, here it is. 

johnboyjr
Protege

SadikuA said:

johnboyjr said:

SadikuA said:

johnboyjr said:

When I'm loading the STL into Noesis I'm getting this error: "This file cannot be previewed"
It says "Export Complete" but I've got no new file.

Can you send me the file

yes, here it is. 

unzip that into your \Stamps\username\Custom folder

your stl was messed up. and steps to do it.  
open in Microsoft 3d builder
save as
name it some thing different and save as stl
use noesis to convert to obj
put in import folder and import

shake128
Protege
I cannot find the import button in the VR interface anymore after the last update. 😞 How do I import obj files now? Does anybody know?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't tried since the latest update so sorry if I'm wrong, I don't have Medium to test in front of me.

Have you tried going into Library -> Select the stamps tab on the top bar -> Select a folder -> Import ?

MattHickman
Rising Star

FrozenPea said:

Have you tried going into Library -> Select the stamps tab on the top bar -> Select a folder -> Import ?

Yup, still there. 

shake128
Protege
Thank you guys!!

Dejvrecord
Honored Guest
Hi, I can't import stamps. with error message that media could not read the directory path 

sinusmagnus
Honored Guest
Hello, i am having same issue while importing/saving stamps there is an error in path. Do you have any idea ?