cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest: Screen casting not working (Samsung Galaxy S9 / Nvidia Shield)

spyro
Expert Protege

Wasn't successful getting this to work. Headset is connected to the app, all green. TV, Smartphone and Quest are all connected to the same WiFi.

First, I tried to cast to my Nvidia Shield (nothing happened). According to the app there should be some sort of confirmation screen in the headset, which isn't the case.

Same when trying to cast to the phone itself (Samsung Galaxy S9, Android Pie).

So I tried it the other way around and started sharing from inside the headset. Same thing, nothing happens on the phone. Except one time, where I just got a black screen.

Did this work for anyone?

BTW: Would be great if you could alternatively stream directly to the phone (WiFi Direct). So you could share someone's experience if you are not at home. Currently, it's not possible to assist someone without being connected to an external WiFi.

81 REPLIES 81

voorburg
Honored Guest
Same here, continues headset disconnects immediately after starting casting.

gaetan_lecoarer
Honored Guest
I have a Asus Zenfone, and it doesn't work either. Casting freezes after 5 seconds. It's truely annoying

Obel1x
Honored Guest

voorburg said:

Same here, continues headset disconnects immediately after starting casting.

I have the same issue. the headset disconnects after starting casting (to chromecast). Using Oculus app on iPhone.

softtouchph
Explorer
Same here with a Google Pixel 3XL. It start just fine, and after a couple of seconds, there is just a message on the phone that the connection was disconnected.

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer
Could it be the old issue.... your router is using the same SSID for both 2.4 & 5ghz bands?

crapthings
Honored Guest
same here with honor magic 2 freeze after 4s, and i can't find my nvidia shield on same wifi both 2g or 5g

jackburton09
Honored Guest
AFTER THE UPDATE i can cast to s10 without issue and its steady the last update mad ea use difference 😉

karacsonyi_atti
Explorer
I have Samsung S9+ - I can cast from Quest to phone without problem but I also have a Chromecast (3rd gen) dongle connected to TV, but that is not visible in the Oculus app when I want to select where I want to cast to. 😞 What can I do??? 😞 please help.

Baxwar2092
Honored Guest
Huawei users, 

Make sure you go to battery settings, then app launch, search for Oculus app, and turn off manage automatically, Huawei kills alot of app activity in the background due to power consumption. 

Chiron_Musterma
Honored Guest
Unfortunately the hint with the app launch wasn't successful for me on my Huawei Mate 20 Pro