cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are You Going To Play On Halloween..?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steam's Halloween Sale starts on 28th October and the Rift Halloween Sale started the other day.

For me it's going to be:

Dreadhalls (as usual lol)
Alien Isolation VR Mod
Five Nights At Freddy's: Help Wanted VR

And I might squeeze in a bit of Doom 3 BFG VR Mod too if I get time and have enough clean underwear to change into after playing those 3 games above. 😄
59 REPLIES 59

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Hmmmm, not sure this increased my motivation for playing Kobold, lol:

"The kobold (occasionally cobold) is a sprite stemming from Germanic mythology and surviving into modern times in German folklore. Although usually invisible, a kobold can materialize in the form of an animal, fire, a human being, and a candle."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobold

Not sure they look like ... candles... 

Image result for kobold scary

Now we know what they are, there's probably no reason to fear such Kobolds ... anymore ... at all ... at night ... alone with a flashlight ... :#  

The game was made in Germany - just like BMW and Mercedes-Benz 😉 Quality shines in Kobold, some reactions:

https://youtu.be/IdZl1FusjJs

- btw, maybe this dude had too much coffee, at least he seems extremely motivated, but he gets the message through:

https://youtu.be/fL8dtJWdv-I

He certainly isn't getting "maximum graphics" using CV1 unless he turned up ss to 2.0, lol (but maybe he did, I didn't watch more than a few minutes). Also I think I had many more settings - he's likely playing an early version. There's smooth turning in the game, head bobbing (can be turned off), ability to crouch, full locomotion etc. 

Does feel like a $20 VR game that the devs are now selling for scraps:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/2124641230881553/?locale=en_US

Games is rated 4.2/5 (84%) in the Oculus Store based on 93 ratings and 9/10 on Steam (95 ratings).

Maybe one of the best VR horror games for Halloween? - Although it's not funny like Five Nights at Freddy's. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Techy111
MVP
MVP
k84flpu9pan4.gif

Not for me ta !!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Techy111 said:

k84flpu9pan4.gif

Not for me ta !!!

I was especially counting on you completing the game and debriefing the rest of us - you know, like where scary stuff is, what to look out for - I already did the first 5 minutes for you, come on!  😄   

I think Oculus Volunteers should be the first to check out if the game is safe for the rest of Oculus' devoted followers  o:) 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Techy111
MVP
MVP
You forget, I see dead people for a living and there is no way I'm going to scare myself for fun dammit  😄
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Wildt
Consultant
Scream Fortress XI of course.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

avensis18
Protege
Scream Fortress XI is a good game to relax, this game is perfect. A good server, a fun map, buddies and you are not close to bored.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will probably grab Affected: The Manor after reading some comments on it in here.

Wildt
Consultant
Just started playing RE7 on PSVR. Pretty creepy stuff! 
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

dburne said:

I will probably grab Affected: The Manor after reading some comments on it in here.

I'd love a debriefing about what happens beyond the first two rooms - I consider being inside the Manor much like visiting the Chernobyl reactor - I don't stay for long each time :blush:

And do try Kobold - it's definitely a CV1 game, tried it using Index and textures looked much more lowres and dull. Love how the CV1 SDE can fool my brain to experience much better textures. Blacks were actually nice on the Index though.

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
DarkDays is a great escape room type scarefest! played it about 10 months ago, and thought it was really quite good. free too IIRC!
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."