New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• MA_GoblinMA_Goblin Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Hi, Sorry to say it doesn't seem to work on my system. Tried to set "Ultimate Perfomance" but OVRService revert it to "high performance" still.

• ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 382
    Trinity
    @MA_Goblin Yea, wierd, i just noticed myself that it does this for me too, but only on the first change. If i change powerplan again then it doesn't switch anymore. So it appears to only happen the first time you trigger the sensor/put on the hmd. I'll see if i can add some form of "force" option that detects changes in the power plans and resets it to whatever is set in OTT.

Cheers!
    NerveGear
    In my case it keeps switching between high and ultimate continuously every time i put on the headset, when I put down the headset it reverts to ultimate profile after a few seconds and the when I put it back on it reverts to high. Really annoying.
  • mdrejhonmdrejhon Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    edited October 30
    Hey ApollyonVR.

Fantastic little piece of software.

I'm the founder of Blur Busters / TestUFO and have a donation I want to send, as well as an email to send.

Does your email address contains two L's or three L's?   Your original post has three L's.  

-->  <---

Trinity
    @mdrejhon Well that's embarassing... It's two L's, i've changed that now (thanks for pointing that out!) and also replied to your email.

Cheers!
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,511
    Project 2501
    @MA_Goblin unless you use a laptop on battery power I don't understand why you would not just leave it on High Performance all the time?  That way you do not actually need to select anything in OTT power settings.  You may need to modify your win10 high performance setting to suit you but this is very easy to do and once you do this once, it's done.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

NerveGear
    edited October 31
    @TomCgcmfc Well, the "ultimate performance" option now introduced, or the "Bitsum High performance" has a number of tweaks added to the profile that I want to use. Thus it's annoying when this is switched off by Oculus all the time just because it doesn't recognise the profile name. It is a bug in Oculus software in my opinion and need to be fixed by oculus. I could of course rename the new profile to High performance but I don't want to loose the standard profiles in case I will need them in the future how ever unlikely.

Project 2501
    Sorry but that does not seem like too much of a big deal to me.  If you expect our OTT developer to cater for every demand we are not going to get too far imho.  Esp. when each and every Oculus and Windows update can effect OTT.

I have come to the conclusion that OTT is what it is, and I'm making the best out of it that I can.  Which is a lot imho.  Just donate a cup of coffee and be happy.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

NerveGear
    @TomCgcmfc&nbsp; I don't demand the developer to do anything. I simply asked if it was possible to lock out the change in profile. I definitely don't want to send the developer in a goose chase for things not necessary.
    Project 2501
    Ya well that's not the way it came across to me. I think that the emphasis should be on the many, not a few imho.  Most just need a good way to add a bit of SS for diff games, help fix audio switching. and select ASW setting for different game/app profiles  

You post and request whatever you think's best.  Open forum and all that, of course.

NerveGear
    I'm sorry to hear that I came across that way. Absolutely not my intention at all. English is not my native language and perhaps i phrased my question improperly. I absolutely agree with You that first and foremost features should be aimed at the many not the few.
  • xeno3dxeno3d Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    Is it possible to have the audio switcher revert back to the default audio device set in windows rather than a specific device?
    Trinity
    @xeno3d You mean like having a generic choice of something like "Current default device"? And that would mean whatever was the current default device when OTT switched to the Rift. Or did you have something else in mind?
    Hiro Protagonist
    @xeno3d You mean like having a generic choice of something like "Current default device"? And that would mean whatever was the current default device when OTT switched to the Rift. Or did you have something else in mind?
    Exactly this
    Trinity
    @xeno3d Done, check your mail. =)
    Hiro Protagonist
    @ApollyonVR Thank you!
  • kevinwarhaftkevinwarhaft Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    why no oculus go version
    Project 2501
    why no oculus go version
    Probably because the Go is android based and uses different Oculus services than the PC based Rift.  However, it will be interesting to see if it can be made to function with the Quest and its upcoming PC link.

• Borislav78Borislav78 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    ApollyonVR Thank you for that app! its great! I`ve got my mechanikal ipd knop broke , if you can add ipd settings in your app or atleast help me out by pointing where is the file located , so i can change my ipd from that .cfg or what ever it is ,it would be nice.
    Project 2501
    ApollyonVR Thank you for that app! its great! I`ve got my mechanikal ipd knop broke , if you can add ipd settings in your app or atleast help me out by pointing where is the file located , so i can change my ipd from that .cfg or what ever it is ,it would be nice.
    There is no ipd knob on the Rift cv1, just a slider.  When you say it's broke does your slider still move each lens in/out?

If it actually moves in/out but you cannot see the ipd readings change, the best thing to do imho is to line up the oculus app/settings/headset/calibrate crosses best you can and then forget about it.

If your slider gears are broken you may want to talk to Oculus Support and see if they can help you.

NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc thanks ,the slider moves but the ipd readings doesnt change(as you said).I want to change it corectly .My ipd is 68.5 and there is no value like that ,thats why i am asking here if its posible to be changed by any .ini .cfg or what so ever file manual.
    Project 2501
    As long as you have adjusted the mechanics correctly, lining up the crosses you should be fine imho.  If you think you can further improve this by editing a config file I kinda doubt that.  Maybe contact Oculus support and ask them.  Definitely not a OTT thing imho.

NerveGear
    TomCgcmcf , Now on my working Cv1 the slider doesnt change the ipd (i can`t even get close to proper 1:1+something world scale).And the idea is not to get something close to real 1:1.In the mean time i have 5 years experience trying to adjust the ipd values to peoples(most of them racing drivers) real phisical ipd`s, and if the value is different from the exact one they have , there is no 1:1 world scaling , no sense of speed..So my point was , it would be great  to be developed by un app like OTT , so that can all  oculus users have a proper world scale =1:1 by applying there`s exact one phisical ipd.I will gladly pay(and not just me, all) for such un option.With the lattest Oculus rift s , and all those futures removed , i doubt that oculus will implement such a setting to the original softwear.The only hope is someone like ApollyonVR.
    Cheers and thanks .
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 260
    Nexus 6
    In OG Rift there's the IPD slider and the OG Rifts softeware tells the value on screen. There's also the initial "crosses" setting in the initial setup. I have to say though, that the IPD in the HMD is wider for me than measured at the optician, but i think that's because the Oculus fresnels are more far from my eyes than my eyeglasses.  As for what comes to the sensing speed, depth etc. that's also individual. I have sense of depth and speed in Rift even when i don't have the exact IPD value which is measured by optician. And as TomCgcmfc said, i also think this is not OTT stuff. Of course developer decides that. I do undestand, that in Rift S and in Quest the slider value would be great to be seen (or is there value indicator in S?) but as far as i know, Quest is getting the IPD value indicator or did it already?
    [email protected], ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 2 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 cards.
    Natively Homeless (2.0) Dash, it's a working victory!
  • CoachBombayCoachBombay Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Download links don't appear to work for me at all, are there any mirrors?
  • Lukas.MulerrLukas.Mulerr Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Links dead
    Hiro Protagonist
    does does this work on the quest running link?
  • Lukas.MulerrLukas.Mulerr Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    .ZIP file link: 

Error (404)

We can't find the page you're looking for.

.EXE file: 

Access to doc-00-ag-docs.googleusercontent.com was denied

You don't have authorization to view this page.

HTTP ERROR 403
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 260
    Nexus 6
    For me both links on op work.
    [email protected], ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 2 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 cards.
    Natively Homeless (2.0) Dash, it's a working victory!
    Trinity
    Might be region locked or similar. I'm trying to search for a better place to host the download links. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to ping me.

Cheers!