cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest won't connect to PC on developer mode since last update

rmib200
Explorer
Since last update I can't connect my Quest on Developer Mode to my PC. I have to turn off developer mode so that my pc can recognize my device. When I switch on, i never recognize it. No matter how many times I try to switch on/off developer mode. I need the developer mode for work. I tried reinstalling the ADB controllers since it fixed the first time, but now it doesn't work. Any help? I use a Windows 8.
22 REPLIES 22

wispheren
Honored Guest
Thank you!

I thought I was going mad. I just got my Quest on Monday, and for the past three days I have tried to connect the Quest to my PC in developer mode, and no matter what I do, it just refuses to connect with developer mode enabled.

There are a ton of guides that all make it seem so easy, but all of them just mentions that I should respond to the prompt in the headset, when I have installed the ADB driver, enabled developer mode and plugged it in - but no prompt ever shows up.

However the instant I disable developer mode, the prompt to allow the pc to share files shows up.

But it makes sense if it is due to a recent update, as my Quest updated itself as the very first thing, when I turned it on and connected it to my Wifi.

So has anyone gotten developer mode to work on newest update?

jonmalave
Honored Guest
Hello,

I am not able to connect a brand new Quest to my PC either. I continue to see Unknown USB Device Error in Device Manager and Notification upon connecting to PC.

I get the same Error whether Developer Mode is On or Off. I am using a USB-C to USB Cable, I have tried connecting to various USB 2.0 and 3.0 Ports nothing works. Finally, I have tested this on my PC with Windows 8.1 and Laptop with Windows 10. I continue to see the Error on both Window OS versions.

Please assist.

zeljko_zoricic
Honored Guest
I face the same issue. Help, anyone? It will be strongly appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here, which is pretty messed up as I was working with it happily 3-4 weeks ago. 

Meatballmachine
Explorer
Same prob here. Still no answers, this is very frustrating, Oculus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Found the solution! Actually the Oculus forums have subsections, we are in the community one and this question is more something that is occurring for developers, so it worth to check the developer sections in the future. 

So the solution is:
"1. Open Device Manager
2. Find "Interface ADB" and  "Interface XRSP"
3. Click the right mouse "Interface ADB"
4. Сlick on the menu "Update Driver"
5. In the window, click "Browse my computer for driver software"
6. In new window, click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
7. Search "Oculus VR, LLC." and click
8. Choose "Oculus ADB Interface"

for the Interface XRSP to do the same BUT choose "Oculus Bootloader Interface"

now QUEST drive in Windows Explorer

then I change "Oculus ADB Interface" to "Oculus Composite ADB Interface""

It was a bit different for me, but tried similar steps and it worked eventually. Also when searching in the list, I didn't have Oculus VR, I had to choose Samsung Android Phone, then another list popped up and there was Oculus VR, LLC. So apparently if you used ADB with a different phone maker previously, it might be installed under their name.

Meatballmachine
Explorer
None Of This Works! Oculus please fix this mess! Link is going to be a disaster for some of us. Get your drivers straight

TheCrowing
Explorer
I'm also having this problem.  It seems to only connect to the computer if Developer Mode is turned off.

Silenced_Pandja
Honored Guest
I found a way to do it. Using SideQuest you can access the files on the oculus when you plug it into the computer when in developer mode.