cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asgard's Wrath: the most awesome VR game ever? Reviews & impressions!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Only 2 days left  ❤️ I think most of the screenshots below are from September 5, but I didn't notice them before today - click to enlarge a screenshot:

cxfbwgm3ddyb.jpgc97q5swddbfq.jpgy8p5jdvtc0m1.jpg5r7dyo2cghlt.jpg
shirm9aoyiv4.jpgi9pwayd5nd6l.jpglcnbwbs0qfcl.jpg39mg7kmetfq6.jpgfg07chbkj5em.jpg9wws5benescc.jpgcer3hs00q51u.jpgduuflf22i4qw.jpghag6rixer1d2.jpgs0bst7th4hx6.jpgp1rocpt70djs.jpgmpdmhrpvco3f.jpgkjl94fprnqe4.jpgmwtax7sumsm8.jpgum6zy5l9yjkb.jpgw0j8km6nqhpt.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

263 REPLIES 263

Wildt
Consultant
@MowTin
Yeah, I watched the credits roll. I dunno, maybe after a few patches where they implement sprinting outside combat and other quality improvements I might go back for a few side missions.

What completion rate did you have when you beat the last main quest?
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

MowTin
Expert Trustee

Wildt said:

@MowTin
Yeah, I watched the credits roll. I dunno, maybe after a few patches where they implement sprinting outside combat and other quality improvements I might go back for a few side missions.

What completion rate did you have when you beat the last main quest?

I'm not sure how you know your completion percentage. 

I played another 1.5 hours today. Ingrid has this really awesome extra quest that has narration. You only need the shark and that windmill powering bird. 

You go back to the beach and one of the sealed tombs has a door that opens with the shark. 

New tips:

Explosive jugs stagger enemies allowing you to strip their armor. 

Also, Ingrid's ax in its armor stripping mode can cut through multiple enemies. So, if you have two guys with armor, you can stagger both of them and then uses your ax to strip their armor.

If you have that mead that recharges your hero weapon, you can strip the armor of a boss with your hero weapons, take the mead and strip the last bit of armor. 

Also, you can use your sprint to move a bit faster. 

i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Wildt
Consultant
You can check your completion rate on the save game selection menu (press X instead of A at the title screen. 
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Another review:

https://youtu.be/vu9elZ8V0VE

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

MowTin
Expert Trustee

RuneSR2 said:

Great review. I totally agree with it. But he's wrong about there not being any real side quests. I did Ingrid's side quest and it was awesome. There are a total of 6 big side quests on top of all the puzzles and challenges. 

The end game content here is awesome. I never go back to a game after I'm done. I've already done 10 hours after I finished the game. 

MowTin
Expert Trustee

Wildt said:

You can check your completion rate on the save game selection menu (press X instead of A at the title screen. 

It says I'm 59% complete. I think I was around 50% complete when I finished. It took me 41 hours but I died a lot because I refused to pause the game to heal and only used the real-time belt. 

I finally got 100% of the first Saga done today. 

Zejch
Protege
Hey, guys, can anyone tell my how to go araound the bug with Knut's alco game? He doesn't confirmes 99% of my hits.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

Zejch said:

Hey, guys, can anyone tell my how to go araound the bug with Knut's alco game? He doesn't confirmes 99% of my hits.

I have no idea what you're asking. 

Zejch
Protege
You have no problem with throwing coins into cups? Coins fall into the cup, but Knut does not count them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just bought Asgard's Wrath and given it a quick go. Fucking hell. This is so far in a completely different class compared to anything else that Oculus have released. Amazing.

Just done the missions to get my sword so far and exited that part of the dungeon.

I was tempted to carry on playing but my gammy leg and my dodgy back prevent me from playing standing games for too long which is a bit of a bugger.