cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can’t I watch while laying down?

rich81960
Honored Guest
i would like to watch movies or play games while laying down.  Makes no sense to have to play sitting upright.
11 REPLIES 11

Richooal
Consultant

rich81960 said:

i would like to watch movies or play games while laying down.  Makes no sense to have to play sitting upright.

It makes a lot of sense. Cinemas have seats not beds. 😛
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Skybox allows using the cinema whilst laying down and anything used with Virtual desktop can be set at any angle including videos.
Internet browser can also be put at any angle.

Cain-
Protege
Here is a partial list of apps that support reorientation on the vertical axis: 

Oculus Gallery (for flat 2D/3D content) 
Oculus Video (for flat 2D/3D content) 
Oculus TV 
Oculus Browser 
Samsung VR   
Samsung Internet  
Firefox Reality (flat content only) 
Hulu VR 
Pigasus VR Media Player 
Skybox VR Player 
Plex VR 
Moon Player 
Virtual Desktop 
Netflix 

danielcrispin
Honored Guest
Ya, that's pretty sad.  The main reason I purchased the Go was to watch Netflix lying on the couch or in bed and that app won't support it.  It works with youtube though,.

TragicDelight
Protege
SLR VR...

Techy111
MVP
MVP

Ya, that's pretty sad.  The main reason I purchased the Go was to watch Netflix lying on the couch or in bed and that app won't support it.  It works with youtube though,.

Don't know what you are doing wrong but the Go and Netflix work perfectly well lying down.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I watch Netflix in bed using my GO and it works fine?

You just press the button at the top to move the screen.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Calendyr
Honored Guest

Maybe they modified the app since I purchased it.  This great news!

Ulfheden
Honored Guest
As someone wrote in another thread. I think the whole UI, not only movie apps, should be possible to calibrate to a level other than horizontal.

Such feature could be of great value for disabled people not being able to get out of bed.
(I've been there myself for 6 months while waiting for back surgery....)