cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inateck card no longer working with Rift CV1 after motherboard upgrade

toxwa
Explorer
Yesterday I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and CPU. With my old intel CPU the Inateck 4-port USB card has worked perfectly for the last 1,5 years (2 sensors on Inateck, headset and 3rd sensor on motherboard). Now I have a Ryzen 3600X on a MSI MPG X570 gaming plus and I have tracking problems with the Inateck card.

When I connect the sensors and headset the same way I did with my intel, everything seams fine (green checkmarks with all devices in oculus home). But as soon as I start playing a beat saber (after cutting 10 blocks), I get notifications of sensor errors and the 2 sensors connected to the card change from green checkmarks to red.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with the inateck card and this motherboard (or other msi/x570 motherboards?).

Things I've tried, but didn't work:
- only 1 sensor on the Inateck card
- everything on the mortherboard, different USB ports tested (this works better than the inateck, but still has tracking issues)
- Switching the Inateck card to a different PCI-slot
- Microsoft driver in stead of inateck driver (with the intel board I got the best results using the microsoft drivers)
19 REPLIES 19

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
when i had usb 3 problems i installed the usb3 sw that came with the motherboard on the disk. try uninstalling the initek drivers and reinstall the latest drivers:

toxwa
Explorer
Like I said, I allready tried both the default microsoft driver and the Inateck driver. I have the same problem with both. I also installed the chipset drivers that came with my motherboard. I will check if I have the latest chipset driver when I'm at home. I'm sure I have the latest BIOS, but I'm not sure about the chipset drivers.

The ports on the motherboard work as expected, but 1 headset and 3 camera's all on the motherboard is a bit too much to get reliable tracking.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Things to check....
Did you remember to connect the inateck card to the PSU.....(i don't know how many time i have did that over the years)
Did you do a complete format and re-install W10 after changing the mobo and CPU, or just using the W10 install from your last setup.

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

toxwa
Explorer
The card is connected to the PSU. I did not do a complete reinstall of windows 10. I do plan to do a BIOS update later today (they just released a new one).
I do use a dual boot (windows for VR gaming, linux mint for everything else). So I'm looking into testing the Inateck card with a flashdrive read/write speedtest in linux to determine if it's a hardware or software problem (I would not like to reinstall windows without being sure of this).

Other things I've tried:
- Changing the PCI/chipset gen in the bios (from auto, to gen 3, gen 2, gen 1). Did not work. I did find other post of people having problems with some older PCIE cards on the new X570 boards with PCIE4.
- Installed all the latest chipset drivers. Did not work.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
This just might be a tracking issue caused by driver conflicts from the change of a Intel mobo/cpu to a AMD mobo/cpu, as there might be drivers and reg entries that were made for intel hardware and driver that cannot be removed even when you chose to uninstall them......might be worth a fresh W10 install just to at least tick that off the list of things that might be causing the tracking issues....and yes, i feel for you on W10 re-installing, but sometimes it is better to just bite the bullet. lol

Good luck.

toxwa
Explorer
W10 reinstalling did not work either. I'm guessing the card just isn't compatible with my new motherboard...

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Did you install  the windows default driver for this card rather than the card own Inteck drivers, as the cards own drivers cause issues.

I assume the card is is in PSC3 slot 1 but check the bios and look for PCIe_1x_2&4 in the USB settings, make sure it says that and that usb is not set to default for say the front USB ports that connect to the pc case.

toxwa
Explorer
Like I said in the first post, I tried both the standard microsoft driver and the inateck driver. Both have the same problem.

I don't really understand your second suggestion. I tried the card in PCIe 3, 4 and 5 (1 has my graphics car, 2 is too close to 1). I don't think there is a connection between PCIe-ports and which usb port is controlled by the usb controllers of the motherbord (the gaming plus has 1 controller in the x570 chipset, the second controller is the CPU, I add the Inateck card as a third controller that has no connection to the USB ports on the motherboard or case. It only controlls the 4 ports on the card).

I ordered a new startech card that I will test later today.

toxwa
Explorer
With the startech card installed the PC wont even get to POST (vga error led lights up on the motherboard).
I tried changing PCIE gen form auto to every other option. Nothing works. It's like this motherboard can only handle the graphics card PCIE slot and nothing else wil work :-s