cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oculus Rift S DisplayPort on headset is disconnecting when i play

dadzi10
Honored Guest
After about 10 minutes of playing my screen goes black and in oculus app pops information that my displayport on headset isnt connected and after  few seconds it connects back.Help  
36 REPLIES 36

AbyssalSmoke
Explorer
Do you have a gsync monitor connected to your PC? Try unplugging any other display port cables and try it on its own.
Also once the game is loaded try unplugging and reconnecting the display cable.
I had this issue with a gsync monitor I had. just a thought might be unrelated.

shaepaulo
Honored Guest
Had to go to my Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > from here right click on your VR Desktop device > Display Settings > Power and Sleep > When plugged in, turn off after = NEVER!!!!!
Mine was automatically set to 15 minutes for some random reason and I'm hoping that's what was causing the blackouts and the orange standby light coming on while I was in the middle of a game

TubbiestMan
Honored Guest
Did any of you ever solve this problem?  I have the same problem.  Thinking of returning.  This is ridiculous.

sraura
Heroic Explorer
For most reported solved cases of these problems with rift going black after x period of time have been power related issues.
  • Either entire PSU has been end of it's lifespan or under powered (most commonly 550W supplies) or
  • Computers USB ports were unable to provide enough power or/and
  • Too many devices were connected to computer.
Solutions may include (and are not limited to)
  • Trying other 3.x usb port. Also keep in mind that front panel 3.x connectors are often different than the variants on back panel.
  • Unplugging all non essential devices from the computer (including secondary monitors).
  • New PSU (I would recommend at least 650W plus gold or better)
  • Externally powered USB hub
  • Usb card which gets power directly from PSU
  • Usb ports on self powered device like monitor or external harddisk
It is good to keep in mind that also if the cable connector is loose from HMD's end, it may cause the same issue.

This information is based on nothing official so if you go and buy new hardware to fix your issue, be prepared also to the possibility that it doesn't fix the issue you're trying to fix.

Nathanael_
Protege
I havnt even been able to set mine up. During set up, I plug in USB > get green checkmark, then plug in display port>get green check mark FOR 3 SECONDS then it disconnects. 

erik_hougaard_3
Honored Guest
Me too. It disconnects after 3-10 seconds. The Rift S worked well for a week or so (with the same computer) and suddenly started behaving like this. Any new on the issue?

JohnM52
Honored Guest
The same on my Palit 1080ti blower style (the black one) , but works fine on my Zotacl 1060 6gig mini

Zaneer
Honored Guest

i helped my friend with this similar issue. he had a razer game optimiser that "optimised" the steam games, but oculus worked fine. when i disabled it everything worked without problem

ComedyBunkerVR
Honored Guest

dadzi10 said:

After about 10 minutes of playing my screen goes black and in oculus app pops information that my displayport on headset isnt connected and after  few seconds it connects back.Help  

your display port is working?

Adoma4
Honored Guest
nice one oculus, you decided to make the rift s use a display port, why couldnt it have been another HDMI headset, at this point, the rift is better than rift s. I hope this isnt a hardware issue, but just a firmware issue so that you can update and fix it, Im getting REALLY mad, and i want this to stop. If you are going to be nice to everyone because you made it a display port not hdmi, then great, I'd reccomend posting a piece of hardware that will fix this for a low price. If you want to do it at full, im afraid i might never get to play on my rift s again. i might just have to go back to the rift. If this doesnt stop, and your next headset is just as bad, i hope than it isnt as bad, because i just might never buy an oculus product again. Fix this problem, and fix it now. We want to be gamers, but we cant do that if your headsets are blacking out and losing tracking. I have to restart my computer every time i wanna play vr, because every time it blacks out, i lose tracking. Fix it. Im mad, and so are other people. Ive liked your headsets, dont make me dislike them. The rift S needs improvments, in firmware and hardware. Please. im begging, fix it so that i can make friends in these times of quarintine. I want to have fun, i want to have good times, but thats hard, when your headsets aren't working.