cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash encountered a fatal error please reload dash to continue

poorbilly
Explorer
After the update two days ago my originally working well rift s encountered this problem. it requires me to reload the dash over and over. I did some tweaks and then my left controlled suddenly lost tracking, but the message of letting me reload the dash changed from popping up every 1 second to every 10 seconds. I had reinstalled the driver and unplug the cables but those didn't work. Sorry for my bad English. I had problems with my oculus rift and never get it to work perfectly. my new rift s did worked fine for a week and this problem happens. I sincerely felt desperate and needed help.
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had same problem when i went to beta update 1.42.Took beta mode off and fixed it.New update just came out same problem when offline,goes away when online.

poorbilly
Explorer

Had same problem when i went to beta update 1.42.Took beta mode off and fixed it.New update just came out same problem when offline,goes away when online.

Yes. I am a Chinese so the oculus can’t connect to internet when I Vpn is not used. It is actually quite complicated to maintain the internet connection for oculus. I reached oculus support and seemed like they are going to fix it in next update. Thank you for your comment. Only wish I  saw ur comment before I reinstall windows and oculus for four times?

worstplayer
Protege
Same problem here (CV1).

cheng_kai_hui
Honored Guest
同样的问题,着急使用,有办法解决吗?

JKangSC
Honored Guest
So we'll have to wait for the next update or keep VPN on when we're using Oculus?

Martin1a
Honored Guest
Same problem here. When I am online everything is fine but offline the error occures since the latest update  

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Also experienced the error once yesterday - was just after starting the rig, maybe caused by wifi still starting up...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"