New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

debug error?

SnackdubbzSnackdubbz Posts: 1
NerveGear
idk why this happens but this error code keeps popping up even when i click abort, retry, and ignore. Also, i have uninstalled oculus and reinstalled it 3 times all ready. If I could get help it would be appreciated  

Comments

• NickonnesNickonnes Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same error as well and got it around the same time as this post was made. Have done the same steps. Would appreciate help as well: 
  • chanykchanyk Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I am also having the same problem too since beginning of October 2019. Wonder if this is caused by any one of the Window update. Oculus support please help!

• JPCHJPCH Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I am having the same error starting two days ago and I have not used Oculus in the last month. Oculus support please help!
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,496
    Project 2501
    You probably need to contact Oculus support and start a ticket.  Good luck and I hope you get this sorted out ok.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• victortwdvictortwd Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Any updates? I have the same error. Tried reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ but didn't work
  • RandyMagnum007RandyMagnum007 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited November 3
    I reformatted my hard drive and after the reinstall I started receiving the same exact errors. Did a full reinstall of oculus and of visuall c++ and still receiving the error.

Fixed!!!

Right after I made this post I thought to myself "I uninstalled but I didn't remove anything after."
    This time, after uninstalling, I went through and deleted the Oculus folders and cleaned the registry using CCleaner. If you're not familiar with it, it is a safe way to "keep house" on your computer. I've been using it for years.
    I digress: After cleaning out all traces of Oculus software from my pc, I reinstalled Oculus and no longer receive this error.

Scratch that, the error came back
  • Villeneuve27Villeneuve27 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have same issue. Is there a patch in the works? It seems like this is a common problem

NerveGear
    edited November 3
    I have same issue. Is there a patch in the works? It seems like this is a common problem

Check my post and give it a try. Worked for me.

Nevermind! It came back
  • Tsukay0921Tsukay0921 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I had same error, and I could clear problem according to following topics.
    It was caused by Trendmicro  in my case.
    I reccomend you to try this before re install.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/81884/visual-c-error-after-latest-oculus-update-debug-assertion-failed#latest
    NerveGear
    So far excluding the file from Trend Micro has worked.
  • Tsukay0921Tsukay0921 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I had same error, and I could clear problem according to following topics.
    It was caused by Trendmicro  in my case.
    I reccomend you to try this before re install.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/81884/visual-c-error-after-latest-oculus-update-debug-assertion-failed#latest
  • Kane6032Kane6032 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited November 3
    Tsukay0921's method work, thanks!
  • JPCHJPCH Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Solved for me following Tsukay0921 advice so thank you for posting it. I was writing the ticket on oculus support and decided to pass by here first.
    Just adding the exception of OVRRedir.exe in Trend Micro antivirus fix it.
    Thanks again! 
  • BradworldBradworld Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am very happy to have found this thread.  I have been battling this for a few weeks now, and have resorted to uninstalling Oculus home when not in use, then reinstalling it only when I need it.  What a monumental hassle that is!  That was the only way to clear the error.  But it seem that excluding OVRRedir.exe from Trend Micro may have fixed it.  Fingers crossed.   I just did the exclude and it seems to have made the error go away.  I need to have Oculus home on my machines for a work project and this has been very helpful!   
  • sfriedsfried Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited November 5
    I have also been recently receiving this error too as well. I recently reinstalled my Oculus Rift drivers and launcher because of the errors, even reinstalling Microsoft's Virtual C++ Redistributables, and the error still comes back.
    I do NOT use Trend Micro for my anti-virus: Only Windows Defender Security. I'm currently doing a full system scan, but even with OVRRedir.exe manually scanned, nothing shows up. I'm not exactly sure what to do since the solution above seems only applicable to those who use Trend Micro software.

• surlememebateausurlememebateau Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem that sfried has.