cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

LeroyVRChristop
Explorer
Right now I am binging season 2 of Ozark. I'm also a huge fan of Shameless.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Shameless is great, at least the North American version. William H. Macy's a dead ringer for hardcore drunk I actually know in real life, and he nails it. I also love Ozark and can't wait for season 3, later this year apparently.

Another great series was Bloodline...only 3 seasons, but a great story with some pretty big actors. Definitely one of my favourites.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Just saw that this starts Nov 8 - I thought the show was cancelled, but seems it went from Netflix to HBO...:

https://youtu.be/xVnHZ5SF1Jg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
This latest season of Peaky Blinders was a bit pants. Only 6 episodes and ends incredibly prematurely.

Going to start with Jack Ryan Season 2!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Swamp Thing is also kn Amazon Prime Video here in the UK. Will watch it when I've finished watching Cloak and Dagger (also on Amazon!).

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

Swamp Thing is also kn Amazon Prime Video here in the UK. Will watch it when I've finished watching Cloak and Dagger (also on Amazon!).

Nice - maybe I should consider Prime instead. Is Cloak and Dagger good? I can see it's 6.8 on IMDB, doesn't sound bad, but also not very good either... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's pretty good so far, and Olivia Holt is HOT so there is that lol 😄

There are 2 series on Amazon Prime Video and I think Disney are going to bung the third one on their new thingummybob.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Jack Ryan Season 2 is not living up to the expectations set by the first season. At last no so far (currently on Episode 3).

Everything is so cliche, predictable, and unoriginal. Even the dialogue is overly cliche.

"I am not leaving until I find out what happened."
"But this is bigger than you!"

Introducing characters with a quick backstory that is painfully obvious in its setup for an upcoming death. They even have the quintessential "get away driver" who was supposed to be retired but was convinced to come along for "one last job."

I'm gonna finish the season, but it's getting a bit painful.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I loved that programme, particularly the torture lol 😄

I'm rewatching a REAL blast from the past. A series that was on in the late 70s and early 80s with the late great Jon Pertwee called Worzel Gummidge:

https://youtu.be/YtWH4CTo4wQ

Still as good as I remember it, Jon Pertwee was brilliant in this role.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Just watched the first season of Dark on Nettflix. I usually hate dubbed voice in things, but this is so good it didn't bother me one bit.

r65esz3i5zzo.jpg