cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.43 PTC Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Home

• You can now use the Scale Tool to change an object’s size to make it larger or smaller.
  • To scale an object, grab the object, make sure the scale icon is highlighted in blue, then push your thumbstick to the right or left to scale the size up or down.
  • Keep in mind, some special objects can’t be used with the scale tool.
    • For a more in-depth tutorial, check out the Oculus support site for our new Oculus Home help guide (coming soon!)
43 REPLIES 43

RattyUK
Trustee
Rift S - both driver update and Headset firmware update.
Now will have to have a play with the new features 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

cmaffia2019
Protege

razalom said:

Just noticed that after the update my controllers are actually turning off for the first time ever when finishing with the Rift!

Thanks.  I only just realized that about a week ago.  I will check to see if they turn off for me as well.  How long after you close out Oculus Home?  Do they power off immediately?

cigaremoods
Heroic Explorer
Hello

"You can now use the Scale Tool to change an object’s size to make it larger or smaller."

It was a long time since I found any interest in the proposed updates except to bring new bug to existing ones.
Finally a useful thing for those who are interested in "home".

When will a complete redesign of the games library?

For example sorted into folders by type of game instead of having a stack without logic.
To be able to block certain games that I leave the helmet to the children.

MSI Z790 ACE, MSI RTX 4090 SUPRIM X, I7 14700K, Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 32 go, 2 x Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 2 To

Toni318
Explorer
Does this update finally make the Rift S rework again without a constant internet connection?
I don't want to move my whole setup to an other room with internet for nothing.

Or maybe by any chance someone get a tip to remove that annoying error appared with v1.42, that never diapear from the center of the view no matter where you look?

vo1w2ptni9zt.jpg

Patrn_Flyr
Explorer
Rift S now has no haptics in Eleven table tennis.  Still works in other games.  Was low compared to Rift CV1 but now gone!

Toni318
Explorer

Toni318 said:

Does this update finally make the Rift S rework again without a constant internet connection?
I don't want to move my whole setup to an other room with internet for nothing.

Or maybe by any chance someone get a tip to remove that annoying error appared with v1.42, that never diapear from the center of the view no matter where you look?

vo1w2ptni9zt.jpg

The beta v1.43 fixed it!
I had no big hope since i saw nothing in the changelog, but this error was so annoying that i gave it a shot, and until now i have say i did not encounter any error, no more problem, everything seems flawless.
Thank you to have addressed this issue.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, updated to 1.43 ptc and all seems fine for me too.  Also works fine with and without internet.  Glad I did this because I do occasionally get internet brownouts due to Telstra maintenance.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Satconcook
Explorer
Scaling is working great. Never realized how much I wanted a tiny T-Rex.

Richooal
Consultant
So 1.42 General Release has a flaw which prevents people from using it without an internet connection, and apparently a solution has been found.
Shouldn't the correct approach be to send out a hotfix for the general release? Expecting people to join a beta test channel just to make their device work isn't really good enough.

You need to fix the General Release software and do more adequate testing in the PTC before releasing it. You seem to think that we like having new versions every few weeks, whether they work correctly or not. I'm sure I'm not the only one that prefers quality over quantity.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or perhaps they wanted to test it in 1.43 first to make sure it did not effect other things.