cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug error?

Snackdubbz
Honored Guest
idk why this happens but this error code keeps popping up even when i click abort, retry, and ignore. Also, i have uninstalled oculus and reinstalled it 3 times all ready. If I could get help it would be appreciated sflwpkhhiv6e.png 
16 REPLIES 16

RandyMagnum007
Honored Guest
So far excluding the file from Trend Micro has worked.

Tsukay0921
Honored Guest
I had same error, and I could clear problem according to following topics.
It was caused by Trendmicro  in my case.
I reccomend you to try this before re install.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/81884/visual-c-error-after-latest-oculus-update-deb...

Kane6032
Honored Guest
Tsukay0921's method work, thanks!

JPCH
Honored Guest
Solved for me following Tsukay0921 advice so thank you for posting it. I was writing the ticket on oculus support and decided to pass by here first.
Just adding the exception of OVRRedir.exe in Trend Micro antivirus fix it.
Thanks again! 

Bradworld
Honored Guest
I am very happy to have found this thread.  I have been battling this for a few weeks now, and have resorted to uninstalling Oculus home when not in use, then reinstalling it only when I need it.  What a monumental hassle that is!  That was the only way to clear the error.  But it seem that excluding OVRRedir.exe from Trend Micro may have fixed it.  Fingers crossed.   I just did the exclude and it seems to have made the error go away.  I need to have Oculus home on my machines for a work project and this has been very helpful!   

sfried
Honored Guest
I have also been recently receiving this error too as well. I recently reinstalled my Oculus Rift drivers and launcher because of the errors, even reinstalling Microsoft's Virtual C++ Redistributables, and the error still comes back.
I do NOT use Trend Micro for my anti-virus: Only Windows Defender Security. I'm currently doing a full system scan, but even with OVRRedir.exe manually scanned, nothing shows up. I'm not exactly sure what to do since the solution above seems only applicable to those who use Trend Micro software.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem that sfried has.