cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Forum [Log-on] Outage

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Just checking to see if anyone else had major difficulties logging on to the forum?
Had 24-hours failure (may have been more but on the road).
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
32 REPLIES 32

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Fun thing, started up a PC I hadn't used for like 12 days, and I was automatically logged in here. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RattyUK
Trustee
I've only had a couple of boring, unable to login no matter how long the little bars move, issues in the last couple of months.  Far less than there used to be.  So I'll say an improvement, but not perfect yet.  Likewise PC any browser... and random 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Yeah, it should be maintaining your logged in status for the most part, unless you manually log out. The Vanilla update I mentioned only went out last week, so I'm basically looking to here if the login behavior improves from this point forward. 

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Thanks for the update @ShowbizDonkey - hope this becomes a non issue - though I have only had this problem four times over that last few years. Are you still planning a major reorganization of the forum for the New Year?

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Fun thing - today (Win10) I'm logged in using Internet Explorer, but not when using Microsoft Edge - that's on the same PC. So it's not about the IP address, maybe it's about...

Billedresultat for cookie

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

Anonymous
Not applicable
I absolutely LOVE Jim Henson's creations and Cookie Monster is one of my favourites.

I cried like a baby when I heard that he had died because the Muppets in particular helped me when I was a kid first diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 5. My Nan bought me a Kermit The Frog puppet who used to have injections when I had them. Was a REALLY big help to me.

I still have him and he's currently sitting on top of my wardrobe Heart

I really wish I could shake Jim's hand and say thanks.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

RuneSR2 said:

Fun thing - today (Win10) I'm logged in using Internet Explorer, but not when using Microsoft Edge - that's on the same PC. So it's not about the IP address, maybe it's about...

Thanks for raising this. If you clear cache / cookies on Edge, does it allow you to login? Since my update on October 22nd that Vanilla had recently pushed an update should help, I haven't experienced any issues myself. I'm wondering if what you experienced today was left over from before that update.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

Thanks for raising this. If you clear cache / cookies on Edge, does it allow you to login? Since my update on October 22nd that Vanilla had recently pushed an update should help, I haven't experienced any issues myself. I'm wondering if what you experienced today was left over from before that update.

I'll try tomorrow, it's my pc at the office.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

Quite strange - but today I'm automatically logged in using Microsoft Edge, but no longer using Internet Explorer. I tried to clear the cache/cookies on Internet Explorer, but I'm still not signed in - and it seems I can't sign in using Internet Explorer. Note that my work pc is part of a large corporation - I can't even install any programs on my own, so my results may be different from the average Win10 user. 

PS. I noticed - using IE - that I wasn't logged in using Oculus.com, but I was able to sign in there - but going back to the forum IE still wasn't signed in. I have a strange feeling that when using IE tomorrow I may automatically be signed in, we'll see... 

PPS. Visiting Oculus.com using Edge I wasn't signed in there - but I'm signed in at the forum. Seems like the forum and Oculus.com aren't sharing info about a user being signed in or not - or there may be some delay. But just guesswork from my side. Usually I've been able to sign in at Oculus.com and then I was automatically signed in when visiting the forum, but as described that didn't seem to work today.