cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Home stays on even after I close the application. Started just recently.

Sabrejet
Protege
So I woke up this morning and my Rift Home had been on all night.  I have a VR cover that does trip the sensor, so it will keep it awake if Home is running.  But I have Home running as administrator, and doesn't start by tripping the sensor.

So, Home is not running on my taskbar, but it is running in the headset, I go to services and stop OVRService, and Home closes normally.  I restart it, and it, like it should, stays off until I open the app.

This only seemed to start a day or two ago.  Anyone else having this problem?
5 REPLIES 5

Sabrejet
Protege
Okay that's weird, just another bit of info... when it's doing this.. When I close the Oculus app, it appears to close (press X and it closes)
but when I click it on my taskbar to load it again, it doesn't load again... it just pops up as if it was already running.  So it appears it's mainly not closing correctly... Have already restarted my computer multiple times.

Edit:
Just reinstalled the Oculus software, and still the problem persists.

Sabrejet
Protege
The badness deepens!

I found now, you can close it using the status icon in the Status tray, but now the option to not allow the Rift to turn on when placed on your head is now missing from the settings.  So now I can close it easier, but now it's opening all the time...

Sabrejet
Protege
Haha (sad laugh) it was working like a dream for 6 months now it's like they introduced some double bad 😞

I think I am starting to see what happened.  They made it like Skype and others where if you press the windows 'X' it minimizes to the status tray.  Really unnecessary. 
-If you are using Rift, is it really taking up valuable space on your main toolbar?  Esp, when you can't see it?
-Since Home is running when the rift is off your head, wouldn't you want to simply close the toolbar close button?
-It's like adding an extra step that's not necessary.  Something like this should either be on the main taskbar OR the status bar. why both?  Why even have a taskbar item at all?  Or vice versa.

Now making it so it opens all the time is like making the problem deeper.  I used the OLD run as admin to stop it.  But it ran so well before.

My suggestion:  Go back to the way it was before, it was perfect and efficient.  IF you need a status tray icon, make them both able to close it.  and reintroduce the option to disallow rift from automatically coming on.

EDIT!  Triple bad!  The old Run as Admin trick isn't even stopping it!  I have no choice but to unplug it until I want to use it.  How in the heck could it go from great to all wrong so fast.

R0cky49
Explorer
I'm having the exact same problem.  It also affects my system so the screen no longer goes to sleep.  Very weird.

Guess unplugging is the only fix for now

Sabrejet
Protege
Man, it was fixed for about 2 weeks, now it's back to minimizing to the notification tray..