New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S / Rift 1.42 Release Rolling Out Now

13»

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,146 Valuable Player
    You probably need to contact Oculus support and start a ticket.  Good luck and I hope you get this sorted out ok.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 486
    Trinity
    edited October 2019
    Redundant post
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • chanykchanyk Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi

I have submitted the request to the support, their reply is that the Anti-virus software is the issue. You need to place the file in whitelist or exception list. I am using Trend Micro and it was ok till then. Need to continue to monitor.

David
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,316 Valuable Player
    Just got 1.42.0.314906 (1.42.0.314906) seems to work perfectly and I like the new icons. Using CV1.
    Fun thing, after the update Oculus Tray Tool wasn't active - I got ss 0.91, man that was blurry - but got back ss 2.0 after restarting Oculus Tray Tool. It really is like night and day - ss 2.0 is so incredibly much sharper!
    Not sure I noticed other differences - but I did have to sign in right after the update, which was quite weird - normally I don't have to do that after an update. 

I miss the old Store  :'(  - any way to get it back?

After spending much time in SteamVR Home, it's a joy coming back to Oculus Home, it's really a lot better, keep up the great work!
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • jitu-ungguljitu-unggul Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Anyway to play offlline without the Fatal Dash Error?
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 272 Oculus Staff
    Hey there - if you opt into the PTC, the 1.43 software update that is currently there should resolve that issue. Would recommend giving that a try.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,609 Valuable Player
    Hey there - if you opt into the PTC, the 1.43 software update that is currently there should resolve that issue. Would recommend giving that a try.

I think it would be good to add your comment to the 1.43 PTC thread so that people know there may be a fix, and they can provide feed back.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 114
    Art3mis
    I'm getting the Fatal Dash error even when online.
    Art3mis
    Also, might I inquire about what XRStreaming is?
    Is everything going through my sensors being sent somewhere? Is that why Dash has a fatal error if no online is found?

This wasn't under OVRServer before.
  • ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 486
    Trinity
    I checked my active programs, processes, and services.  None of which include a XRStreaming.
    I'm guessing that app is on your end.

i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
    Art3mis
    edited November 2019
    ShocksVR said:
    I checked my active programs, processes, and services.  None of which include a XRStreaming.
    I'm guessing that app is on your end.

If you open up the command prompt for OVRServerx64.exe, which happens if you launch it as administrator, for instance, you get a live log of everything OVRServerx64 is doing.

The XRStreaming thing relates specifically to when the headset is active, which is when it stops populating the log.

This can be accessed through the Oculus Debug tool as well.
    This isn't related to a third party application, this is what the runtime is doing. This refers to something in the runtime.

Actually, considering the use of XR, perhaps this is the beginning of OpenXR implementation?

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,416 Volunteer Moderator
    GeekyGami said:
    Actually, considering the use of XR, perhaps this is the beginning of OpenXR implementation?

We did get undocumented OpenXR support in the runtime a couple of months ago, but I couldn't get it to work at the time.