New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

if you wear glasses

tanktop4158tanktop4158 Posts: 11
NerveGear
and are really blind without them like me, what do you do

I had to cut the back strap......its a real bad design IMO that doesn't all allow more movement

But cutting the bottom strap seems to have helped, it still stays on with just the top part ad my glasses are inside

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited October 2018
    Are you talking about Rift or Go? You did try adjusting the Velcro straps first I hope? I have a fairly large head and wear glasses, and I never had to mod the headsets at all (though it can be a tight fit).
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • tanktop4158tanktop4158 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    edited October 2018
    ya was still too tight and fogged my glasses getting too close to my eyes.....it gave me just the extra little comfort I needed.

Ya I think it wasn't the play, but amount of pressure actually, snipping the bottom allowed less pressure and still stays on my head...….actually don't recommend it unless you have eye sensativities like me

ya I have rift
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    I just put the rift on my face and play.  Slips right and on over my glasses without any real pressure or resistance even with my fat face and big head.
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    I have inserts and they work awesome; wearing the rift with glasses sucked coz my head is too large (and I don't like super slim frames).
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • KenSniperKenSniper Posts: 183
    Art3mis
    I get the same problem with my rift when i wear glasses, it always fogs up, plus I live in a very humid country. I ended up 3D printing a lens adapter and that fixes all my problems, only problem is when i have non glasses users wanting to try, so I have to take them out everytime.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,492
    Project 2501
    I don't find that my Rift lenses fog up, just mainly my glasses.  I bought an antifogging agent from Amazon quite a while ago, Quick Spit, and it works pretty well.  Actually, a little natural spit on my glasses lens seems to work pretty well too, lol!  Apply either and gently wipe off with a microfibre cloth.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• tanktop4158tanktop4158 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    I don't find that my Rift lenses fog up, just mainly my glasses.  I bought an antifogging agent from Amazon quite a while ago, Quick Spit, and it works pretty well.  Actually, a little natural spit on my glasses lens seems to work pretty well too, lol!  Apply either and gently wipe off with a microfibre cloth.

thks ya same prob.....il try it

also the gear was just pressing back on my glasses too hard

• HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,276
    3Jane
    In the case of the CV1 I cut out the foam to let the glass branches though, and cutting into the plastic would be an option too.

I would have gladly purchased a wider faceplate,since the CV1 itself is more then wide enough (without that narrow faceplate on), but there isn't any "wider" CV1 faceplace for sale.

• kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    if you really want to go the route of wearing glasses in your rift. there was a company that was making replacement faceplate's for larger glasses.. failing that, check thingiverse and shapeways for them. 
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,276
    3Jane
    No, that company is making identical width faceplates, with more "depth" for glasses : Not only I don't need more depth for my "thin but wide" glasses, but adding depth would only further reduce my Field Of View, and that Field Of View is already bad enough to kill my immersion as it is.
  • ladawn.miltonladawn.milton Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Can I wear my rather thick glasses with the Oculus VR?
  • xondkxondk Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I got prescription lenses from vroptician, depending on where you are located, it is definitely something I would recommend, they cost a bit, but the difference is.....insane, no way i could go back to wearing glasses inside headset.
  • parsecnparsecn Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    Can I wear my rather thick glasses with the Oculus VR?

Before you wear your Oculus Rift CV1 headset with glasses, check to make sure that the width and height of your frames are as follows:

Width: 142 mm or less
    Height: 50 mm or less

On side note: I recently ordered the long interface kit for CV1 (for persons who wear glasses) from https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-rift-facial-interface-foam-replacement-basic-set/

Using app TestHMD resulted in a loss of vFOV 18°/ hFOV 10° 
    over CV1 standard interface kit.