cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Vr wont launch

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there. I have an S10 and purchased a gear VR 2 weeks ago. It has been working fine and yesterday i put it in and it launched then it took it out to clean the screen, put it back in and now it wont launch.

I tried everything, uninstalling all gear Vr and oculus software, resetting my phone, nothing works.

When i put my phone into the usb port of the vr headset it recognizes it is connected to a usb device and says "external device connected" "charging connected device via usb" and it will not install gear VR.

Any ideas?

Cheers 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

Desao86
Honored Guest
The Same problem Here!

Thanatos1311
Protege
I would think the first step would be figuring out if the issue is the headset or the phone. The easiest way to do that would be testing the GEAR VR with another phone that is compatable with it. Maybe you have a friend/family member with a phone that will work as a test just to see what happens when you plug it in. If that isn't an option, try unlocking the connector piece(it is removable to be swapped for a different adapter) take it out, and put it back in. Lock it back in place and try your phone again. It may have just come loose when you unhooked your phone the first time.

ajmoor
Explorer
Doesn't help.  
My Oculus software and Gear VR worked fine until recently. I've changed nothing.  Now when I insert the phone into the Gear VR, the "connected" sound plays, but when I put the device on my head, nothing happens.  The Samsung store checked and reinstalled all my Oculus software but that did not fix anything.

xamial
Honored Guest
Im having this same issue, any fix yet?