cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.43 PTC Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Home

• You can now use the Scale Tool to change an object’s size to make it larger or smaller.
  • To scale an object, grab the object, make sure the scale icon is highlighted in blue, then push your thumbstick to the right or left to scale the size up or down.
  • Keep in mind, some special objects can’t be used with the scale tool.
    • For a more in-depth tutorial, check out the Oculus support site for our new Oculus Home help guide (coming soon!)
43 REPLIES 43

GeekyGami
Adventurer
I'm having tracking issues on my Oculus CV1.
The only thing that has updated is my Oculus.

This was not an issue three updates ago.

When playing GZDoomVR, the right trigger will press itself on its own out of nowhere.
When in Dash, I'll be typing when suddenly my pointer is changed to my headset instead of my controllers, even though the controllers are still being tracked fine.

I'm also noticing that the recalibration of the controllers is causing the deadzone on my left controller to become too sensitive on the left.
I've remedied that with a deadzone modifying tool, so that isn't really too big an issue.

In Skyrim VR, when shooting with the bow, if I shoot too fast, I lose positional tracking for a little while.
The controller tracking loss does not occur in Dash.

This also occurs in Borderlands 2 VR.

I don't know what's going on, but I'm noticing that these kinds of problems mostly happen when updates for the Rift S firmware occur. What gives?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus,

I have the mic in my Rift S disabled, and have the mic setting in the Oculus software set to use Windows Default, which happens to be a desktop USB mic. I do use the Rift S audio through it's 3.5mm headphone jack, with earbuds. Audio is great, my Rift S Mic is garbage as it constantly cuts out on me at most inopportune times.

So I am good to go with my setup, everything working beautifully for me. However the Oculus Software keeps insisting I have no audio with a big red X showing in the desktop app. I have audio. I only disabled Mic for above reason.
The little bit of OCD in me would love to see everything in Green on the desktop app. 
Now understandably this is not a big deal as it does not affect how my device performs, but is just annoying. So if you can please consider at some point addressing how it reports this? It keeps telling me I have an issue when I do not.

Thanks for any consideration,

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

dburne said:

Oculus,

I have the mic in my Rift S disabled, and have the mic setting in the Oculus software set to use Windows Default, which happens to be a desktop USB mic. I do use the Rift S audio through it's 3.5mm headphone jack, with earbuds. Audio is great, my Rift S Mic is garbage as it constantly cuts out on me at most inopportune times.

So I am good to go with my setup, everything working beautifully for me. However the Oculus Software keeps insisting I have no audio with a big red X showing in the desktop app. I have audio. I only disabled Mic for above reason.
The little bit of OCD in me would love to see everything in Green on the desktop app. 
Now understandably this is not a big deal as it does not affect how my device performs, but is just annoying. So if you can please consider at some point addressing how it reports this? It keeps telling me I have an issue when I do not.

I believe you may have done this already, but just in case you haven't please provide this report using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the desktop software. That is truly the best way for our engineers to get eyes on strange behavior / bugs. Glad to hear that your setup is working, but understand the frustration. Thanks for bearing with us while the team works to address all outstanding requests!

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

Oculus,

I believe you may have done this already, but just in case you haven't please provide this report using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the desktop software. That is truly the best way for our engineers to get eyes on strange behavior / bugs. Glad to hear that your setup is working, but understand the frustration. Thanks for bearing with us while the team works to address all outstanding requests!

Thanks, I think did a little while back but not totally sure, so I will do so again.
Appreciate the feedback!

Digikid1
Consultant
@ShowbizDonkey are you guys allergic to patch notes or something?  Please include DETAILED patch notes on each release.

Not that hard to do and not unreasonable to ask for....

Richooal
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

@ShowbizDonkey are you guys allergic to patch notes or something?  Please include DETAILED patch notes on each release.

Not that hard to do and not unreasonable to ask for....

They don't always attach the correct version of notes to each release, so I don't think another level of complexity is on the cards any time soon.
The lack of any 2 way feedback is a major reason for people leaving the test channel. I only opted back in to get the "Homeless" ability.

@ShowbizDonkey any idea when this ...........

"For a more in-depth tutorial, check out the Oculus support site for our new Oculus Home help guide (coming soon!)"

........will happen?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Honestly anything to do with the Oculus dollhouse I couldn’t care less.  I’m very happy to be Oculus Homeless.

Aside; the new Vive VR system also has a Homeless option to avoid going into its Origin environment.  Nice to be able to just call up Lense (=Dash) and simply/quickly select what you want to do.  I really do not understand why Oculus, Vive, WMR, and SteamVR think that their little Homes are useful.  If they charged $’s for these they would not sell very many imho, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

kojack
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

I really do not understand why Oculus, Vive, WMR, and SteamVR think that their little Homes are useful.

I think they have all read/watched a few too many vr books/movies where people almost live in VR, so of course they need a house. They think we need an Oasis/Metaverse as our default VR experience.

But that's a bit like if Microsoft replaced the Windows 10 desktop with Minecraft. Some people might enjoy it, but for most it's pointless.

Having virtual home environments is fine, but it must be optional.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

cigaremoods
Heroic Explorer
Hello

Now Oculus loads itself as soon as I turn on the computer what it was not doing before. This is annoying because I turn on my computer to do something other than Oculus.

the headset detector is not occult, so it should not turn on. In addition I unchecked the option of automatic start when I put the helmet!

MSI Z790 ACE, MSI RTX 4090 SUPRIM X, I7 14700K, Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 32 go, 2 x Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 2 To

Orkel
Adventurer
Another PTC update, 9 parts download. No firmware update.