cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no tennis game for the Quest? Well, that's just not cricket.

Buddha7
Explorer
The rejection of CyberTennis in the wake of the First Person Tennis rejection/delay seems unwise. Racket Fury is still a cluster-f*#k on Quest VR and I see no baseball bats being wielded just yet either - outside of the high-priced, low-fun Sports Scramble, that is. Have technical issues arisen that make such things problematic on Quest? Ninjas, flying fruit, Sith lords, swords, guns, Penns and Tellers won't do anymore. It's past time for big updates and big games so if problems persist then find some big balls and fix them and overwhelm us with choices numerous and confusing.
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

RHunterr said:

Buddha7 said:

Tried that but it lost me after my racket suddenly became a baseball bat. I love baseball and am quite fond of bats in general but I think it wise to have the right tools for the task at hand. My hairdresser once swapped scissors for organic vegetable seeds and she lost over half her regular clients - which just goes to show how serious an issue this can be.

Umm.. you know you can turn the "scramble" part off and play it like "real" tennis, right????

Really? Crap...I never knew that. 😛 Does it work for bowling as well? I'll have to try later tonight. 🙂

RHunterr
Expert Protege
I haven't tried it, but from what I've been told all three sports you're able to shut off the "scramble" part.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@RHunterr - Are you sure because I've been through the settings and I can't see the option to turn off scramble.

RHunterr
Expert Protege
Well, I read about it originally on a review for the game somewhere, and a friend of mine (who bought the game) told me he shut off the scramble part as soon as he figured out how to do so.

Buddha7
Explorer
If CyberTennis isn't one of the fifty Go apps. and games coming to Quest next week I'm gonna go virtual batshit and then start making 'f#*k me' eyes at the Vive.

Buddha7
Explorer
Just seen the list. FFS. Two bloody fishing apps - and VR fishing is a stupid concept - but no tennis. It's a crazy old world.

RHunterr
Expert Protege
It is a crazy old world if you think tennis is any more "legit" for vr than fishing is. lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
Isn’t it great when you are a bit confused about something, then someone provides context.

Anonymous
Not applicable

VRBabe14 said:

@RHunterr - Are you sure because I've been through the settings and I can't see the option to turn off scramble.

RHunterr said:

Well, I read about it originally on a review for the game somewhere, and a friend of mine (who bought the game) told me he shut off the scramble part as soon as he figured out how to do so.

I found it...and yes, it works. Once in the tennis game, go to Settings, then Edit, then uncheck what you like under the 'Scramble' settings. You can even select how to serve...either Traditional, or T-Ball style.

Thanks again @RHunterr 🙂

bokghurfrm0s.jpg

andersson031
Explorer
That's nice.