cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 11.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Search

We’ve made the following updates and enhancements to in-VR search to help you find new content faster:

• Improved discoverability to make it easier to find new content.
  • Enhanced navigation functionality to make it easier to scroll and use the search feature.
  • Added an autofill Search bar that populates when hovering over an autocomplete tag.

App Installs

Any pending or in-process app installs will now complete before your headset goes to sleep. This means that if you started a download and then took off your headset, your app should finish downloading before the headset goes into sleep mode.

Environments for Quest

We’ve added the new Environments feature to Quest. Environments allow you to change the world that surrounds you while in your Quest Home.

• You’ll be able to see your environment when you first put on your headset, use the Oculus store, update your settings, or browse your library.
  • You can view and change your environment from your Settings panel. To do this point at your bottom toolbar and select Settings > See all > Virtual Environments. Then point and choose the environment that you want to apply.
  • Please note this feature will be rolled out gradually over the coming weeks to ensure optimal quality and stability.
  • Once the feature is fully rolled out, look out for additional environment options coming in future releases.

Miscellaneous

• New High Score Shelf in VR (Beat Saber) - See high scores from friends in your VR Feed when playing Beat Saber. Please note that this feature is part of a test and, as result, is only available to a percentage of users at this time.
  • Achievements in VR - See achievements (new levels, trophies, etc. in games) from friends in your VR Feed. Please note that this feature is part of a test and, as result, is only available to a percentage of users at this time.
  • Personalization in VR - You can now favorite or hide apps/genres, which will either boost or remove them from your Explore Feed.
Oculus Link
  • Remote rendering is now available!

Check out our blog post and support center articles for details on connecting Quest to your compatible PC. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the feature to appear within your headset. If you still do not see the feature after that time, please reboot your Quest headset and log out and back into your account on the Oculus PC software.
148 REPLIES 148

nalex66
MVP
MVP

EduLoc said:

Hi, I just updated to version 11 and I don't see anywhere about Settings> See all> Virtual Environments. I also have Oculus Go in which this menu is. Thank you.

You may need to do a full shutdown and reboot to get the new features to show up. I know that's been the case for me for the past few updates.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

gregor616
Adventurer
I cannot seem to get mine to update but I can see environments on V10 which is weird. I changed it from the dome but now I cannot find the setting to change back. I will be pissed if I have to factory reset to get the update. 
9xjhr0mwa59z.jpg
Oculus Quest 
AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard

Anonymous
Not applicable
When did you switch the environment? A few days ago? Some people on Reddit somehow had the ability earlier than they were supposed to, but then it disappeared from their settings menu. The environment change remained though. My guess is wait for the update, then you'll be able to switch back and forth.

EduLoc
Honored Guest

nalex66 said:

EduLoc said:

Hi, I just updated to version 11 and I don't see anywhere about Settings> See all> Virtual Environments. I also have Oculus Go in which this menu is. Thank you.

You may need to do a full shutdown and reboot to get the new features to show up. I know that's been the case for me for the past few updates.

Thank you. I just restarted, and then I turned it off and on again, but the menu still doesn't come out. It will not be necessary to restore it to factory state, right? In that case I would lose all the information I have saved.
Thank you very much in advance.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

• Please note this feature will be rolled out gradually over the coming weeks to ensure optimal quality and stability.

@EduLoc key bullet above. This feature is not yet available to everyone, so it expected that some users will not see it at this time.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a heads up though, it's called Environment, not Virtual Environments.

4xwagjwqozjl.jpg

edit: that's weird...my screenshots are smaller now

bagasten
Explorer
Strange I am not seeing this update. I left my Quest on overnight and the button to update doesn't show the update. Do you have to be part of a beta?

EduLoc
Honored Guest

@EduLoc key bullet above. This feature is not yet available to everyone, so it expected that some users will not see it at this time.

Thank you very much for the clarification. I see that I really like this function that I have in my Oculus Go. I hope it appears soon  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

bagasten said:

Strange I am not seeing this update. I left my Quest on overnight and the button to update doesn't show the update. Do you have to be part of a beta?

You just have to wait for it to roll out to your area or serial number, or however they split it up. It will come.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

Spuzzum said:

bagasten said:

You just have to wait for it to roll out to your area or serial number, or however they split it up. It will come.

For more info on how our release process works and why some folks may have the update and others may not, please check out the following post: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/81413/oculus-software-releases-faq