cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S / Rift 1.43 Release Rolling Out Now

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Home
  • You can now use the Scale Tool to change an object’s size to make it larger or smaller.
  • To scale an object, grab the object, make sure the scale icon is highlighted in blue, then push your thumbstick to the right or left to scale the size up or down.
  • Keep in mind that some special objects can’t be used with the scale tool.
    • For a more in-depth tutorial, check out the Oculus support site for our new Oculus Home help guide coming soon!
Oculus Link
  • Remote rendering for Oculus Quest is now available! Check out our blog post and support center articles for details on connecting Quest to your compatible PC. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the feature to appear within your headset. If you still do not see the feature after that time, please reboot your Quest headset and log out and back into your account on the Oculus PC software.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that produced a recurring error and prevented Dash from launching when no internet connection was present. 
40 REPLIES 40

RattyUK
Trustee

Digikid1 said:

huliqan said:

1.42 works fine
1.43 notification with issue
yl018f6q4cu5.jpg30vsreew43wd.jpg

Care to translate that to English?  Not all of us can read.......whatever the heck that is.

Sorry - couldn't resist it...
Когда дело доходит до кириллицы, Google - твой друг 🙂

PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Rosgillies
Adventurer
I often get that notification coming up. Does`nt seem to affect anything though. I`m sure Oculus know about this particular bug but dont seem to be inclined to sort it, as it`s been around since CV1. I have Rift S.

OD1_ITS
Explorer

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that produced a recurring error and prevented Dash from launching when no internet connection was present. 

Finally. 
1.42 was unusable like that. Being a developer and having forced updates to versions that have such high impact issues is ♥♥♥

Digikid1
Consultant

RattyUK said:

Digikid1 said:

huliqan said:

1.42 works fine
1.43 notification with issue
yl018f6q4cu5.jpg30vsreew43wd.jpg

Care to translate that to English?  Not all of us can read.......whatever the heck that is.

Sorry - couldn't resist it...
Когда дело доходит до кириллицы, Google - твой друг 🙂

You bugger you. LOL!!!! ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I seem to be in a loop where it wants me to "update my drivers". 

Anyone else have this issue?

Artist_Shawn
Honored Guest
How big is the update?

Long story short, we're moving but our Visas got denied so we're staying at home for a little but we have no wifi. I was going to try using my phone's hotspot, but we don't have unlimited data so I want to conserve it.

Fherregodts2018
Honored Guest
Same problem as Martel, update drivers then oculus software reboot and ask the same thing ...update drivers...
The firmware update never happed...contact oculus support.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Have you both tried manually updating your Oculus Drivers?  From the Oculus Support pages;

- Close the Oculus app
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command
- Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers
- Open oculus-driver

This has helped me the past.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, great update. Broke my software completely and needs to be downloaded again. Gone from an update (forced btw) to a complete reinstall of 7.35GB. Pathetic.

LoneEcho
Expert Protege
Does this start downloading when we put the headset on? Because i just tried streaming Arizona Sunshine to Twitch and as soon as i put the headset on my internet goes to sh*t. And i see in task manager that windows starts downloading something. Only when i put the headset on.