cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Release Date??

Steensey_
Honored Guest
I know Oculus have announced the release date for November but they should have been more specific as it is the start of November now as I am creating this discussion.
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I say next Wednesday. 😛

enigma01
Trustee
When I pre-ordered my Quest I never even expected they’d release anything like the Link for it. They are combining portability of the Quest and high end gaming connected to a PC, I just see it as an unexpected bonus that I’m happy to patiently wait for, they’ll release it as soon as it’s ready! 

JoeyC132
Protege

enigma01 said:

When I pre-ordered my Quest I never even expected they’d release anything like the Link for it. They are combining portability of the Quest and high end gaming connected to a PC, I just see it as an unexpected bonus that I’m happy to patiently wait for, they’ll release it as soon as it’s ready! 

I'm having a hard time stomaching your rationality;)

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I really wish Oculus would just commit to a date instead of saying nothing or "November" 

At least Oculus said a specific month. I'm waiting for 3 Valve flagships, all I got is a year  😄   

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer

At least Oculus said a specific month. I'm waiting for 3 Valve flagships, all I got is a year  😄   

Same with Microsoft’s new flight sim. All we know is it’s due out next year ?

ezop73
Rising Star

Same with Microsoft’s new flight sim. All we know is it’s due out next year ?

that will be Christmas then.

Anonymous
Not applicable
4ishukk0bbdy.jpg

It's installed, just waiting to be activated. Probably waiting for the update to finish rolling out, then they'll flip the switch.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Early 2020 seems the new date for the Link cable:

Post image

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/dx77u5/oculus_link_cable_not_released_until_early_2020_i/

Who knows, maybe there's a Valve flagship sailing on the 7 seas before Link? 😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Spuzzum said:

It's installed, just waiting to be activated. Probably waiting for the update to finish rolling out, then they'll flip the switch.

Ooh, I said I'd wait for the Oculus Link cable before trying it out but I can't wait... off to Google USB 3 C cables now!

JoeyC132
Protege
So is the google cables what most are buying? Are people also buying the usb c on both ends and plugging into a designated c port?