cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash fatal error / Application restarting

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have already written to technical support, but maybe someone here will help me faster. Greetings.

Hey. Yesterday I got an Oculus Rift S which I immediately connected and installed the software. Unfortunately, the oculus application was restarting when I connected the USB cable from the goggles to the computer, of course I connected to the 3.0 port. After reading a few threads on the forum, I made sure that I have the latest drivers and the latest versions of windows, but I still could not turn on the goggles. In the end I came across the beta channel that I turned on. After updating the oculus application to version 1.39, everything started working and I went to the oculus configuration. Unfortunately, after 10 seconds spent in the goggles, "Dash encountered fatal error" has appeared, which covers half of the view. After the beta drivers are removed, the application is still restarting, in turn with the beta drivers the error covers half the screen. Please help.
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone have a similar situation?

xullyr
Honored Guest
Exactly the same situation here. Tried everything, nothing works.

Gloozy
Protege
Same problem here.
I'm reinstalling the Oculus software right now, I'll keep you informed if it's worth it to do so

Edit : reinstalling Oculus Software didn't fix the issue.
Trying to remove Windiws 10 recent updates

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @Gloozy and anyone else that is experiencing the Dash Fatal Error, please try enrolling in the Public Test Channel and have the latest update installed. We've included a new update that may fix this issue. Instructions on enrolling in the Public Test Channel are available here https://support.oculus.com/200468603765391/. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

xullyr
Honored Guest

Hey @Gloozy and anyone else that is experiencing the Dash Fatal Error, please try enrolling in the Public Test Channel and have the latest update installed. We've included a new update that may fix this issue. Instructions on enrolling in the Public Test Channel are available here https://support.oculus.com/200468603765391/. Thanks! -Rick

I don't know about the others, I have the Beta update installed and getting this error. Before install I couldn't even see anything on my Rift S, the displays remained black. Tried also reinstalling Oculus software, repairing it, uninstalling the patch, many restarts etc. Nothing worked so far, but at least after the beta patch the displays are turning on, so it's a step forward. However can't do anything because of the error.
I've tried the compatibility test, my PC meets the requirements.

Rafterman3
Honored Guest
i enrolled in the public test channel and updated the firmware and it did not work at all i also reinstall the oculus software and it did not work. if any one has a solution  let us know how to fix this problem!!!! i should add that i am running three monitors i have the 2080 TI  and i have oculus setup on a USB type-C Display Port Adapter (my Question to other people how many monitors are you guys running  is there any one having the same problem with just one monitor???

update if any one is still having  problems with this issue still and have more then one monitor i have figured out how to fix this problem let me know if anyone needs help?

jakob091
Explorer

update if any one is still having  problems with this issue still and have more then one monitor i have figured out how to fix this problem let me know if anyone needs help?

Please do tell me how to fix it, I have only one monitor and still I have this plague that doesn't want to go even though I reinstalled windows 10 and the oculus software 2 times now. I'm getting very mad.

NeoEdo
Expert Protege

If you get a chance, let us know how you fixed it. I get the same error but it happens when I try to display my desktop on the virtual "TVs" inside Home. I don't think I had this issue back when Home 2.0 was first released. But now, the minute my desktop, video, etc., comes up on the "TVs"; I get the Dash error and it restarts (everything starts getting choppy right before the error.) I do have a dual monitor set up, so I'm curious to know what your solution was. Thanks!