cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S / Rift 1.43 Release Rolling Out Now

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Home
  • You can now use the Scale Tool to change an object’s size to make it larger or smaller.
  • To scale an object, grab the object, make sure the scale icon is highlighted in blue, then push your thumbstick to the right or left to scale the size up or down.
  • Keep in mind that some special objects can’t be used with the scale tool.
    • For a more in-depth tutorial, check out the Oculus support site for our new Oculus Home help guide coming soon!
Oculus Link
  • Remote rendering for Oculus Quest is now available! Check out our blog post and support center articles for details on connecting Quest to your compatible PC. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the feature to appear within your headset. If you still do not see the feature after that time, please reboot your Quest headset and log out and back into your account on the Oculus PC software.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that produced a recurring error and prevented Dash from launching when no internet connection was present. 
40 REPLIES 40

Richooal
Consultant

DuxCro said:

Does this start downloading when we put the headset on? Because i just tried streaming Arizona Sunshine to Twitch and as soon as i put the headset on my internet goes to sh*t. And i see in task manager that windows starts downloading something. Only when i put the headset on.

The download of app updates can be stopped until you want them via settings.
The Oculus updates cannot be stopped, they will be downloaded where and when Oculus decides. It does NOT require the headset to be worn.

If you want to see if anything is being downloaded go to your Oculus Desktop App, click on "Library", "Updates". Anything downloading will show here.

If you want more info about your PC's downloading and control over individual DL/UL speeds, use NetLimiter 4 (or similar). I've used it for years and love it.

https://www.netlimiter.com/

2fv8angnk3sv.jpg

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This update broke my software, I tried repairing it but it ended up forcing me to uninstall the oculus app, now when I try to use the OculusSetup.exe I can download the first part just fine but when I'm done installing it says to restart my computer because there was an error.

alex_dekalb
Honored Guest

This update broke my software, I tried repairing it but it ended up forcing me to uninstall the oculus app, now when I try to use the OculusSetup.exe I can download the first part just fine but when I'm done installing it says to restart my computer because there was an error.

Broke on my system as well. Tried to fix it, but at this point it's not worth the time. Since the update came out, I wasn't able to launch any of my games until I updated, but the update wouldn't work when I tried to launch it. I thought the next logical step was to try a repair on the Oculus so that it would update, but that ended up breaking it. Since it was broken, it left behind several partial files. I used revouninstaller to remove all those files, then attempted a fresh install, but now it won't install at all, it seems that there is an obvious issue for Ryzen systems, which is nothing new, I guess at this point I just have to wait for it to be patched, pretty shitty that the patch is mandatory though, like maybe test it a little more before releasing it unless your trying to compete with Microsoft updates and their ability to break things. 

humpf
Honored Guest
Since this update, i do no longer hear anything out of the rift s speakers.
I got a new driver and a firmware update.
I see the rift S as an audio device in my windows settings, but there is no sound anymore

Does anyone have the same problem or any hints what i could do?

DKEmery
Explorer
This update stalled at 1 of 9 and kept wanting me to restart the app, it appeared to be in some sort of loop. I decided to try and repair the oculus app in add/remove/modify programs. This downloaded the 7GB file but when it was installing it said there was an unexpected error and could not be installed. My system restarted and oculus icons were gone and it wasn't installed anymore. I found the oculus folder in program files oculus which had the setup file. You need to cut and paste the complete folder to another location such as downloads because you can't install the files in program files/oculus if the folder is there. Once you move the oculus folder to another location run the oculussetup as administrator. I turned of my antivirus and windows defender firewall just in case and turned off wifi, don't know if it mattered but I did it. The program reinstalled itself without any problem and was updated to the 1.43 oculus app. A few games in my library needed updated but once I clicked on the game icon and went to install it, the rest completed. I hope this helps.

LoneEcho
Expert Protege
What really gets on my nerves is that my headset is plugged in all the time, but the Oculus app has asked me at least 100 times in a month to set up my Rift S. And just now it started launching on it's own without me even putting the headset on my head or even touching it. Weird.

Siberdt
Honored Guest
I got update loop + one undefined PCI device:

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
Rift CV1 - also in update loop 'New drivers are required for Oculus. Update Now'.
Headset still works fine - sensor warning though.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe make sure you guys are completely shutting down after any updates (that is, no sleep or hibernate).  Otherwise these updates may not completely install.  Just a thought.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

Oculus Link
  • Remote rendering for Oculus Quest is now available! Check out our blog post and support center articles for details on connecting Quest to your compatible PC. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the feature to appear within your headset. If you still do not see the feature after that time, please reboot your Quest headset and log out and back into your account on the Oculus PC software.

Hi all - just dropping an FYI that we've updated the 1.43 release notes with the above bullet!