New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Asgard's Wrath looks like a winner - reviews & impressions

1234568»

Comments

• LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 332
    Trinity
    Zejch said:
    You have no problem with throwing coins into cups? Coins fall into the cup, but Knut does not count them.
    Are you throwing the coins directly into the cup? You need to let them bounce off the table once before they fall into the cup.
  • ZejchZejch Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    Litespeed said:
    Zejch said:
    You have no problem with throwing coins into cups? Coins fall into the cup, but Knut does not count them.
    Are you throwing the coins directly into the cup? You need to let them bounce off the table once before they fall into the cup.
    A-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!!! Damn it! I get it.) Thank you.)
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,864 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    Just bought Asgard's Wrath and given it a quick go. Fucking hell. This is so far in a completely different class compared to anything else that Oculus have released. Amazing.

Just done the missions to get my sword so far and exited that part of the dungeon.

I was tempted to carry on playing but my gammy leg and my dodgy back prevent me from playing standing games for too long which is a bit of a bugger.
    I am hoping this game can be played seated?
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 164
    Art3mis
    dburne said:
    snowdog said:
    Just bought Asgard's Wrath and given it a quick go. Fucking hell. This is so far in a completely different class compared to anything else that Oculus have released. Amazing.

Just done the missions to get my sword so far and exited that part of the dungeon.

I was tempted to carry on playing but my gammy leg and my dodgy back prevent me from playing standing games for too long which is a bit of a bugger.
    I am hoping this game can be played seated?
    I have played 37 hours. All seated. Get a chair without armrests and you are good to go.

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,864 Valuable Player
    Ok good to know, thanks. I will pull the trigger now.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,809 Valuable Player
    edited November 3
    Zejch said:

You have to bounce the coins into the cup. That's the mistake I made when I first played it. I don't know if that's the case with you.

Edit: Someone answered already. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 332
    Trinity
    @MowTin I got a message you avenged my death a few days ago. Thank you very much.   :)
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,809 Valuable Player
    Litespeed said:
    @MowTin I got a message you avenged my death a few days ago. Thank you very much.   :)

LOL, you're welcome. I just need a couple more seeds to finish revitalizing the entire tree. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,970 Valuable Player
    First patch should be out Nov 13 - in 3 days:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/du77ya/asgards_wrath_patch_1_will_be_released_on/

I wonder if it'll require at least 150GB of free space... For now I've not encountered any errors, not sure I'm patching anything - unless a TAA switch has been included... 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • NacaryusNacaryus Posts: 228
    Nexus 6
    i think this is a highly under optimized game for different systems, i cant run the game on high settings without stuttering using an i 7 and rtx 2070 super

• David196David196 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Easly the best made for VR game to date! And for me, the release was flawless. I haven't had a single issue. My favorite game, a tie with Skyrim VR.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,970 Valuable Player
    David196 said:
    Easly the best made for VR game to date! And for me, the release was flawless. I haven't had a single issue. My favorite game, a tie with Skyrim VR.
    Same here - and "if it works don't patch it". 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"