cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asgard's Wrath: the most awesome VR game ever? Reviews & impressions!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Only 2 days left  ❤️ I think most of the screenshots below are from September 5, but I didn't notice them before today - click to enlarge a screenshot:

cxfbwgm3ddyb.jpgc97q5swddbfq.jpgy8p5jdvtc0m1.jpg5r7dyo2cghlt.jpg
shirm9aoyiv4.jpgi9pwayd5nd6l.jpglcnbwbs0qfcl.jpg39mg7kmetfq6.jpgfg07chbkj5em.jpg9wws5benescc.jpgcer3hs00q51u.jpgduuflf22i4qw.jpghag6rixer1d2.jpgs0bst7th4hx6.jpgp1rocpt70djs.jpgmpdmhrpvco3f.jpgkjl94fprnqe4.jpgmwtax7sumsm8.jpgum6zy5l9yjkb.jpgw0j8km6nqhpt.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

263 REPLIES 263

Anonymous
Not applicable
i think this is a highly under optimized game for different systems, i cant run the game on high settings without stuttering using an i 7 and rtx 2070 super

David196
Honored Guest
Easly the best made for VR game to date! And for me, the release was flawless. I haven't had a single issue. My favorite game, a tie with Skyrim VR.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

David196 said:

Easly the best made for VR game to date! And for me, the release was flawless. I haven't had a single issue. My favorite game, a tie with Skyrim VR.

Same here - and "if it works don't patch it". 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Patch 2 has arrived, but I don't have 150GB free on the drive in order to patch the game, and I don't have problems with the game. I've checked all comments on Reddit, so far it seems no one knows if it's now possible to deactivate temporal antialiasing (TAA), which earlier was described as part of patch 2. It only says that advanced video settings are now available:

Patch 2 Notes
Note - you'll need a large amount of free drive space to install this. This is because of how updates work on the Oculus desktop app and is out of our control.

Fixed Bugs:

Various optimizations.

Fixed an orientation bug if you had head steering disabled and smooth turning enabled.

God speed will now respect the general speed setting that’s already in the menu. That setting was previously only changing the mortal speed.

'Ransacking' side quest objective fails to complete when reloading the title after activating the 'Hidden Tomb' checkpoint in 'The Unmarked Tomb'

Application's icon is cut-off on the Oculus Dash

RX580/RTX2080ti performance optimizations, especially on the Saga 2 Village location.

Enemies fail to spawn when the user approaches revitalized area near the Deathly Traps checkpoint in The Halls Of The Dead

Lighting on Female God's hair, eyebrows and eyelashes are corrupted and not consistent with Male God's at gender selection screen

Application is stuck in the front-end screen when initiating gameplay on Rift S using an RX580/GTX1060

Assets fail to load in 'Dragon's Den' sidequest area when walking from 'End of the Line' sidequest area in 'Borgaholt Fort'

Assets fail to load when backtracking to 'End of the Line' sidequest area

'Enemy Rage' loading screen does not accurately explain the current behavior of the rage meter

Quest Detail Complete Background Not Showing

The user is able to acquire two ancient swords when throwing one at an enemy during combat throughout the title

User falls when taking chain lift down at 'Tomb Of The Thorketill The Patient' checkpoint in 'Stormborn Beach'

Ingrid's lever handle acquisition VO nag line repeats when user opens third door and reloads at the 'Tomb of Odd the Brave'

Fixed bug where sometimes the player was unable to progress or switch back to god until relaunching.

Correct practice sword label from displaying persistently.

Adjust map travel dialog to obscure less of Loki.

Remove button selection when the scrolling list isn’t available.

Adjusted color offsets in the favor arena and Hel boss battle.

Frenzy audio cue is triggered during follower selection in the crafting upgrades Menu in Tavern

Tyr's weapon is floating in mid-air after the user defeated him in ''Borgarholt Village''

Battle Music is played indefinitely when the user interacts with the totem pieces for a certain amount of time in god mode in 'Gjoll, River of the Dead'

Sometimes, user experiences elevation when walking on target dummy's arms in 'CombatTutorial_01'

Midgard Faerie blessing does not trigger when consuming potions throughout the title

Placeholder Characters Still Visible in Hint Avenged Notifications

Rift S controllers displayed within the 'Controls' Section of the 'General Combat' tutorial book on Rift

Camera position snaps back when the User experiences camera shaking throughout the title

User can become stuck when walking against sides of an Egil platform while it raises or lowers in 'Stormborn Beach'

User is unable to complete 'Darkness Below' when 'Steinar' loses the ability to interact with one of the blocks in 'Stormborn Beach'

Progression blocks when standing on the lever platform and completing the hammerstone puzzle at the 'Holding Chamber' checkpoint in 'Skadi's Island'

User is blocked and stuck when walking close to the snail shell in the stairs to the side quest 'What Lies Below' in 'Valley of the Jotnar'

The application fails to acknowledge Hel's Saboteur's death when caused by burn status ailment throughout the title

User is able to explore area underneath the turbine elevator and fall OOW during the 'High and Dry' side quest in 'Tombs of the Brotherhood'

Sluice pipes may overlap when allowing one of the same segment to respawn on an already occupied slot in the puzzle in 'Hvergelmir Passage'

Stikkan's VO can be heard before loading into the level throughout 'Gjoll, River of the Dead'

SFX and VFX are inconsistent for HP status when 'Player HUD' is turned 'OFF' throughout the title

New Features

Add advanced graphics settings menu

Add point to steer control in settings

After enough deaths the difficulty options and descriptions are displayed.

Patch 3 Preview

Left handed control mode – it requires more testing and we didn’t want to delay patch 2)

Improved load times

TBD other enhancements based on the reception to patch 2. Patch 3 is targeted for January.

Localization Update

We can now confirm that we’re Working on a full audio localization for French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Korean. Because of the large amount of VO in the game we don’t have a solid ETA for this yet, but we will let you know!

Other Things we’ve previously talked about investigating:
These items have caused a large number of bugs and exploits. We’re reevaluating whether or not adding them is feasible.

Add real-time versus stopped time belt menu option in settings

Mortal and legendary modes default to stopped time belt menu option.

Wrath mode defaults to real-time belt menu option.

Add sprint outside of combat.

Wildt
Consultant
Grrrr..  Sprint outside combat is the only thing that'll make me revisit the game :angry:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
It makes me sad that I've beaten this game. Best VR game I've ever played and would gladly pay double to have more content...

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

JeremyC85 said:

It makes me sad that I've beaten this game. Best VR game I've ever played and would gladly pay double to have more content...

Did you solve everything? Or close?

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer

RuneSR2 said:

JeremyC85 said:

Did you solve everything? Or close?

Yup, I 100 percented the game. Well.. Except for one single side quest that I couldn't figure out for the life of me!

It's called "Burried Treasure" and is in the Valley of the Jotnar level. I've looked everywhere and couldn't figure it out. 

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
While we're here... Does anyone know the solution for the above listed quest?? 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Probably a clever move, before Sony buys them  😄   

https://uploadvr.com/facebook-buys-sanzaru-games/