cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v12 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Important notes:

• In an effort to simplify our software update processes, we are aligning the software version numbers across all of our products. You will see this reflected starting in this release (v12). We will continue to post separate release notes for our PC software and the standalone / mobile headset software. For more information on our release processes, please review this FAQ post.
  • This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest. In order to use remote rendering, please opt out of the PTC to return to PC software version 1.43.

Rift S

• Updated firmware to improve performance

Fixes

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements

If you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
64 REPLIES 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
So what is up with the new audio device I have now showing since updating to 12?
I now show in addition to headphones - Rift S - another listing: Headphones - (Oculus Virtual Audio Device)??

Richooal
Consultant
Just had a short session with my CV1 + 3 to see if it still works.

No problem so far, seemed to be as smooth as before.

I loaded my "home" just to check if it wasn't broken into while I was away. It seems to be fine. I'm hoping we will be able to have a garage sale at some point in the future. I have many alligator book ends, chairs, tables, plushies, shelves, bookcases, bows and arrows, swords, mini figures, etc that I need to clear out. I have no use for them. Will Oculus trade them for software one day?

Edit: No extra Audio Device showing here. (in Desktop App)
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

kojack
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

So what is up with the new audio device I have now showing since updating to 12?
I now show in addition to headphones - Rift S - another listing: Headphones - (Oculus Virtual Audio Device)??

I would assume that's for Quest Link. Every Oculus headset shows up as an audio device (I've already got Rift and Rift-S in the windows audio device list), the virutal one would be for streaming audio instead of being a typical usb sound device.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Mawntee
Explorer
Rift CV1 user here. Update caused significant frame drops and skips in the HMD only. 

I noticed it the most while playing beat saber (both with mods and base game). 
In HMD fps was showing around 75-80 and mirror on screen was sitting at a buttery smooth 90.

Also after switching out of the PTC my controllers seem to only want to grab when I press the trigger an nothing else, no other inputs work. 

While writing this I tried to remove and re-register my controllers only to have the software run me through the setup ...which I now can't complete because I can't press the trigger.

EDIT: Was able to remove and re-pair the controllers. Same problem persists on v1.43, controllers show up and track, but can only press trigger which acts as a grab button. No other buttons/inputs work. 

Thomasphoenix
Explorer
qtwf0rv35k98.jpegSoftware update happened , but firmware update is going in an endless loop , asking me to install drivers  then the app closes then reopens , same thing . Please guide me as to the next steps . System hanged while trying to update with oculus service being the cause . This has happened each time I tried to update . My device is an oculus rift s . One month old .

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.  Updated to 12.0 today, then right after there was another small update (1-1).  After a restart (including PC restart which I normally do after updates) all seems to work fine.  I have not noticed any difference in performance with any of my high demand flight and racing sims, nor any Oculus Store or SteamVR games.  All seems very stable for me so no need to opt out of the PTC at this point in time.  Thanks Oculus.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Thomasphoenix
Explorer
I had to restore windows and get out of the beta channel to get Oculus Rift S to work again . I have sent the earlier log to oculus via the app . Hopefully we know why some people are having these issues 

Zakam19
Honored Guest
After updating to 12.0, my Rift S asks to update to firmware 2.2.0 (it's on 2.1.1) but when I click restart now to update, the oculus app restarts, does nothing and asks again to restart to update the firmware. I already tried turning off PTC and it still doesn't work.  

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Not sure why a few are having issues.  Maybe try going to the Oculus website and run a Repair.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Thomasphoenix
Explorer

Zakam19 said:

After updating to 12.0, my Rift S asks to update to firmware 2.2.0 (it's on 2.1.1) but when I click restart now to update, the oculus app restarts, does nothing and asks again to restart to update the firmware. I already tried turning off PTC and it still doesn't work.  

Exactly my experience. I ran repair and after that too failed . Only a system restore worked , back to 1.43