cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Cable Thread

Tummie555
Expert Protege
Please post a link to any currently available AND confirmed working USB-cable. Preferably a shop-link. 

Oculus Link Headset Cable Specs
Length

5-Meter Headset Cable

Outer Diameter

4.6mm

Type

Full featured USB active optical cable. USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C

Connectors

Headset: Right Angle USB Type-C
PC: Straight Type-C

Cable Exterior

TPU 0.5mm thickness, optimized for low friction, durability and flexibility

Shielding

High quality spiral shielding doubling as grounding

Cable Bend Radius

20mm

Signal Requirements

USB 3.2 Gen 1 Signaling 5 Gbps USB 2
Backwards Compatible

Infrared Signal Loss Tolerances

<500mV VBUS @ 3000mA; <250mV GND @ 3000mA

Power Supply

3A

Bandwidth

5 Gbps

Electrical Identification

eMarker

Additional Features

Support for SuperSpeed USB ports

435 REPLIES 435

Anonymous
Not applicable

gregor616 said:

JOTO USB Type C Cable Extra Long 10ft, USB-C 3.1 Type-C to USB 3.0 Type A Charging Data Cable. Works great, Amazon shows same day available in MD.

Thanks for that , just ordered and will have tomorrow.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I successfully used a 5m/16’ USB 3.0 active extension cable  along with the 1m/3’ version of the recommended Anker A to C cable last night. I was also able to use that Anker cable with a passive 2m extension cable.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

chris_orris
Honored Guest

kojack said:

I just tested the 4m long cable that comes with the Zed Mini augmented reality camera.
No sound or vibration, but that may be the beta. The video is perfect.
But I wouldn't recommend buying a $449 stereo camera just for a cable. 🙂

You can buy a $29 "VR kit" from Stereolabs that includes their 4m cable.
It's a bit hidden on the site and I can't post direct links here yet. But go to their Store page (by clicking the Order Now button) then in the URL, delete everything after "products". Then click All Products -> VR Kit. 

karlos103
Explorer

gregor616 said:

JOTO USB Type C Cable Extra Long 10ft, USB-C 3.1 Type-C to USB 3.0 Type A Charging Data Cable. Works great, Amazon shows same day available in MD.

So all works great , no issues at all with video or sounds as about to buy one if it works lol
cheers

gregor616
Adventurer

karlos103 said:

gregor616 said:

So all works great , no issues at all with video or sounds as about to buy one if it works lol
cheers

It was working great for the two hours I was able to play yesterday, I plan to play some more when I get home from work today. If I have issues I will let you know. 
Oculus Quest 
AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard

kojack
MVP
MVP

kojack said:

I just tested the 4m long cable that comes with the Zed Mini augmented reality camera.
No sound or vibration, but that may be the beta. The video is perfect.
But I wouldn't recommend buying a $449 stereo camera just for a cable. 🙂

You can buy a $29 "VR kit" from Stereolabs that includes their 4m cable.
It's a bit hidden on the site and I can't post direct links here yet. But go to their Store page (by clicking the Order Now button) then in the URL, delete everything after "products". Then click All Products -> VR Kit. 

Cool. Yeah, that's a bit hidden. 🙂
(We just started a new anti spam system recently that stops new users posting links for a little bit)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

gregor616
Adventurer
@karlos103  I tested it when I got home and it is still working great (Sound and Video) I played Vader III for 20 min and tested out Steam VR which also works better than Virtual Desktop Wireless. 

I also tested the Cable Matters Active USB Extension Cable Male to Female (USB 3.0 Extension Cable) with Power, not included on Amazon, and it works as well giving me 26 feet which is larger than the room I am in. When I tried without power adapter it would now work with the extension. 

Oculus Quest 
AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard

Anonymous
Not applicable
Woke up to an email from Amazon...cable's shipped, will be here tomorrow. Good thing I checked my email...I was expecting it on Saturday. 🙂

gemer
Honored Guest
After setting up oculus link today for my quest, all the navigate functions (home, library, store and almost everything else are no longer appearing. The link app on the PC says it is ready. When selecting an app from the PC library the PC screen is black and nothing in the quest. I really hate to do another factory reset.
Many restarts, no help.
Unplug the link, no help.
Any Ideas?

ohgrant
Superstar
  I can confirm the Joto cable works very well here too, thanks for posting it. Just wow so far. ...
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.