cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link is amazing!!

JoeyC132
Protege
I am more than impressed with the Oculus link. Runs great on my older computer (i7 3770k with gtx1060) and setup was so easy. I purchased a generic 6ft usb c 10gbps cable from Fred Meyer, which works but I think I will need at least a 10ft or 15ft. I didn't think it would work considering the Rift S wasn't able to recognize my 3.0 usb port because of driver issues. The link connected with ease and the games run very good for me. Thank you Oculus and I am looking forward to playing Stormland and Asgard's Wrath. 
12 REPLIES 12

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Sorry but I don't think that the Quest Link is going to make a poor VR PC into a good one.  With any PCVR the quality of your PC components is the main driving factor imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

cashxx
Protege
I'd rather see a native streaming solution to keep the quest wireless!  This is nice seeing the link as a feature though, but hopefully we see a streaming feature down the road!

Neo_420
Protege

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error_666 said:

I think quest users should do the world a favor and just die along with your PATHETIC quest VR Its just trying to be Rift S and it will never be. not forgetting the main reason anyone buys a quest is because they don't have a pc but then shroud it in BS like "i like it to be portable" but the question is where you gonna take it idiots VR is meant for Indoor use. So be a productive human being buy a rift s and a proper PC rig instead of buying a quest and being a PC VR wannabe.

Wow seems a little harsh there...

enigma01
Trustee

Error_666 said:

I think quest users should do the world a favor and just die along with your PATHETIC quest VR Its just trying to be Rift S and it will never be. not forgetting the main reason anyone buys a quest is because they don't have a pc but then shroud it in BS like "i like it to be portable" but the question is where you gonna take it idiots VR is meant for Indoor use. So be a productive human being buy a rift s and a proper PC rig instead of buying a quest and being a PC VR wannabe.

Think this post needs flagging removing and the users account suspending? Seriously what is the point in posting this?

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer

enigma01 said:

Error_666 said:

Think this post needs flagging removing and the users account suspending? Seriously what is the point in posting this?

What’s he doing on the Quest forum?
He’s wrong in so many ways & quite offensive. 

teaston
Protege

Error_666 said:

Yeah but Quest has OLED, and higher resolution than Rift S!  😉

and now it can do everything a Rift S can, with one less cable! Or even no cables if you use Revive!  😉 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
And not everybody has an IPD that the Rift-S will accommodate.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My 10' Anker cable showed up yesterday, and I just now tested for about an hour...pretty damn impressed. I was expecting to see the foveated rendering making the edges blurry, but I never even noticed it. Not sure how it compares to the Rift-S, but it's a definite upgrade to the Rift CV1. I've played with SteamVR and Virtual Desktop, but the Link looks even better. For instance...Space Pirate Trainer using Virtual Desktop, looks great, but you can still see some compression going on. But with Link, it's looks great, but without any noticeable compression. The only issue I had, was Arizona Sunshine was stuck on the loading screen. Not sure if that was Link, or just the game itself though. I can't wait for the official cable though...the Anker's kinda thick, and stiff. The official Link should be thinner, lighter, and more flexible.