cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Cable Thread

Tummie555
Expert Protege
Please post a link to any currently available AND confirmed working USB-cable. Preferably a shop-link. 

Oculus Link Headset Cable Specs
Length

5-Meter Headset Cable

Outer Diameter

4.6mm

Type

Full featured USB active optical cable. USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C

Connectors

Headset: Right Angle USB Type-C
PC: Straight Type-C

Cable Exterior

TPU 0.5mm thickness, optimized for low friction, durability and flexibility

Shielding

High quality spiral shielding doubling as grounding

Cable Bend Radius

20mm

Signal Requirements

USB 3.2 Gen 1 Signaling 5 Gbps USB 2
Backwards Compatible

Infrared Signal Loss Tolerances

<500mV VBUS @ 3000mA; <250mV GND @ 3000mA

Power Supply

3A

Bandwidth

5 Gbps

Electrical Identification

eMarker

Additional Features

Support for SuperSpeed USB ports

435 REPLIES 435

lekszander
Honored Guest
Hi, I'm currently using the recommended Anker cable but it seems like my Quest is discharging faster than it can charge when I'm playing games. I tried blue ports (usb 3.0) both at the back of my PC and the front panel ones but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Any idea why?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm currently using the recommended Anker cable but it seems like my Quest is discharging faster than it can charge when I'm playing games. I tried blue ports (usb 3.0) both at the back of my PC and the front panel ones but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Any idea why?

It might be the USB port isn't supplying enough amperage, or it might be similar to my experience using a battery pack, where I found the Quest needs to be fully charged, or at least 95% or higher, before connecting the battery. That's the only way I get my Quest to drain the battery pack faster than the Quest itself. Not sure if it's the same thing you're facing, but try charging the Quest fully before connecting the Link.

Eispfogel
Expert Protege
Everything is working fine...most of the time, but... How on earth do you recenter?
My playspace is in the wrong orientation and i am taller. Some people recommended to just unplug the cable - wait - and reconnect it, but then 9 out of 10 times nothing works anymore(display issues, not able to reconnect, games start but in the headset i have 3 loading dots and so on) and i have to restart everything.

Am i missing something, or is this really not implemented yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, cable showed up, and Quest is recognized by my pc, but I'm stuck in the 'accept Link connection' loop in the Quest. I'll have to play with it later.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your better than me. After waiting all day for my cable to get here, I had no luck at all. Then realized my Quest was on an older version - 8 - of the software, and it needs to be on 11. So now I have it plugged in, in standby mode, sitting on my desk waiting for it to decide to update to version 11.

Guess it will be tomorrow for me before get to try it out.

yinyangvlad
Explorer
yesterday i used a hama cable 1.8m usb c to usb a 3.1, with an hama extension 3m usb a 3.0 and it worked just fine. Today it only works without the extension...i was so happy yesterday, now i have to look for another solution, because 1.8 m is too short...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received the Tojo 10 ft cable, and so far my experience is very iffy.
Waiting on the Anker cable now, which has been on backorder. Says expected 25th-27th.
I am about wore out trying to get this thing to work consistently.

Tummie555
Expert Protege
Thank you for sharing everyone, this is hugely helpfull for anyone here on the forum. 

p.s. Is anyone aware of a "possible release date" for the Oculus Original Link Cable?

@Tummie555 mind if I make this thread a temporary sticky? it seems to be the Link cable thread that people are using the most now and it would avoid useful recommendations and problems being spread across several threads.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to update from my previous post, I did get the Tojo 10ft cable working just fine. Can't say exactly how I did this as I kept trying different things, but working good now. I do know Quest with Link is power hungry on the USB 3, some of my ports it would not work on. I have it working on my front panel USB 3.1 port that has nothing else plugged into it's hub.