New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Vader Immortal Episode III trailer - reviews - impressions

RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,268 Valuable Player
edited November 2019 in Games and Apps
Looks great as always - arrives in 2 days - Nov 21:

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

Comments

• PluckeyOnePluckeyOne Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Cool
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,828 Valuable Player
    This like some kind of VR golden era. We have new HMDs and tons of new games. Too many games to play them all. I couldn't be happier. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,268 Valuable Player
    MowTin said:
    This like some kind of VR golden era. We have new HMDs and tons of new games. Too many games to play them all. I couldn't be happier. 
    Agreed - I try to annoy some of my non-VR pancake-loving friends to the best of my ability now by sending info about Alyx o:) , and one just wrote to me that he might be interested in VR if there was more high-quality content. I think that's a great answer showing that few of the VR diamonds are known in the pancake world. It's also quite sad, but fact is we have so much content that it's impossible for me to keep up and play everything I'd like to play - instead I have to choose carefully. But Vader is high on the list - and I suppose it's done in 45 min  B)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• PluckeyOnePluckeyOne Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    I’d be surprised if VI 3 is 45 minutes long given the length of the other two. 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,983 Valuable Player
    Nice! I still have to pick up Episode II , so will just grab em both.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    I’d be surprised if VI 3 is 45 minutes long given the length of the other two. 
    It's probably just me taking too much time to finish games, pretty sure it took me 45 min to complete Episode I, but I did spend some time enjoying the art and textures :blush:  

• SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,291
    Wintermute
    No way, I didn't expect this so soon!  :)
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,887 Valuable Player
    I might get this one, the other two seem lame if you just fight droids.  This looks good though.
    Nice review:

"We were lucky enough to play through Episode III last week and found it to be, for the most part, a very rewarding Star Wars experience. Take those showdowns with Vader, the TIE Fighter, and so forth, for instance: Because this is already part three, the game assumes you know what you’re doing, and lets you tackle those however you see fit. Want to just use the Force? You can do that. Want to only use your lightsaber? That works too. A bit of both or maybe picking up something from around your environment? By all means. It’s a fairly personalized experience depending on what kind of Force user you want to be."
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/vader-immortal-episode-iii-will-make-you-look-at-star-w-1839898770

edited November 2019
    I finished E3 last night and thought it was the worst of the 3 episodes, personally I loved E1 and liked the monster in E2, but E3 was kinda boring. Sure there was some cool stuff (no spoilers), but it was over with a blink of an eye. 
    Also being unable to move when things start to happen - taking away control from the player - isn't something I prefer. It made E3 seem even more dated than the other episodes to me - it felt more like a tech demo than a game. I think it took me 30 min to finish.

Right now in the Oculus Store:

Episode 1 = 92% (4110 ratings)
    Episode 2 = 86% (1141 ratings)
    Episode 3 = 88 % (153 ratings)

E3 is so dark you'll see the CV1 spud effect clearly, so seems like this one was designed for oled. The spud was kinda annoying, would have been great with slightly elevated light levels to remove spud - and probably make the game look even better on lcd hmds (typically when I see spud in CV1 it's equal to seeing a lot of greys - not blacks - using lcd hmds). 

I'd rate E1 9/10, E2 8/10 and E3 7/10. 

Performance was great - I used CV1 ss 2.0 and High details. 

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,072 Valuable Player
    It's good but unbelievably short.  I finished it in 30 minutes!!!!

However it was a good 30 minutes.
    Digikid1 said:
    It's good but unbelievably short.  I finished it in 30 minutes!!!!

However it was a good 30 minutes.
    I also felt it was a lot shorter than Episode 1, but I didn't measure the time. Fun that you could set up climbing in Episode 3 and then I don't remember climbing at all - guess they just implemented the standard setup.