cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest controller scrolling by itself

jindrichholub
Honored Guest
Hello, I bought an Oculus yesterday and noticed that my left controller keeps scrolling down by itself. It was a massive pain to actually get it (4 cancelled orders for various reasons) and now I can't play any game that utilizes the thumbstick (Journey of the Gods), as my character will keep walking backwards by itself. Moving the thumbstick forward will make the character move forward at about 1m/10s. I really don't want to return it, but judging by what I found so far there doesn't seem to be any other way. On Rift you can at least change the deadzone of the controller which might help, but I didn't find any way how to do it on Quest.
Any ideas?
32 REPLIES 32

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
The controller wants to scroll because it's excited! ?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You could try removing and re-inserting the battery, making sure you're not touching the joystick while doing it (not sure that it will help, but I know some controllers have an issue if the joystick is touched while the controller is powering up, it messes with the setting of the centre zone).

Beyond that, I don't have any suggestions other than opening a support ticket. If Oculus support can't fix the issue, they'll replace your controller.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

quantumskie
Honored Guest
jindrichholub said:

Hello, I bought an Oculus yesterday and noticed that my left controller keeps scrolling down by itself. It was a massive pain to actually get it (4 cancelled orders for various reasons) and now I can't play any game that utilizes the thumbstick (Journey of the Gods), as my character will keep walking backwards by itself. Moving the thumbstick forward will make the character move forward at about 1m/10s. I really don't want to return it, but judging by what I found so far there doesn't seem to be any other way. On Rift you can at least change the deadzone of the controller which might help, but I didn't find any way how to do it on Quest.
Any ideas?

Did you manage to find a fix? Seems that my left controller is also like this. It wasn't this way when I first got it though.

Anonymous
Not applicable
so have you guys found a fix for this 

Marcus-Surealiu
Honored Guest
Looking for an answer

FIREZHAYDE
Honored Guest
My left controller doesn’t work at all. The indicator light is just blinking. The other one works perfectly. Anyone knows how to fix this?

axel_carlisle_7
Honored Guest
i also have this problem where the left controller constantly scrolls down and can not play alot of my favorite games

doscrash
Honored Guest
Hi, did anyone solve this problem? I have the same issue with my right controller. 

Boxy77
Honored Guest
They say factory reset solves it. I have tho no proof yet.