cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
This does seem to be the situation in the US - which also may indicate that there will be no price reductions tomorrow:

n3v8uai51fgd.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Lol

xyhvhjgfurif.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

pyroth309
Visionary
Maybe that means all the old stock is finally cleared out. I'm going to order another one when it restocks and see if glare is any better.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

pyroth309 said:

Maybe that means all the old stock is finally cleared out. I'm going to order another one when it restocks and see if glare is any better.

I'm sure you're aware of what The Clint would say to that idea  B) 

Image result for do you feel lucky

That said, I really don't notice the glare - although it's there (hmmm, nice rhyme, lol).

You don't see any posts about the glare on Index Reddit anymore. To me finding the right angle and getting the lenses close reduce the glare a lot. Haven't been thinking about the glare for long - the inverted pixel columns are the main problem, not the glare. 2c.

Maybe better not to get into that subject, ignorance may be bliss  o:)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/dzyqvo/scan_lines_or_pixel_inversion_in_new_batches_of/

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
It's a big day - this is probably the first confirmed delivery directly from Valve:

vadp1evxtgov.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/e2lxf0/a_great_day_for_canadia/

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Lesson 1: How To Accelerate Your Divorce

xusm94k91q0w.jpg

- and @Shadowmask72 thought my hand woven persian carpet was bad, but at least it was clean  😞  😉

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Someone posted in my Reddit post today. If this is true (citation needed) then wowsers. Judging by the many comments in my news post it seems there are a lot of positive and interested parties.

ValveNewsNetwork claims insiders say they’ve had as many orders since the HL:A announcement as in the entire time before it.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Borscht4eVR
Heroic Explorer

Someone posted in my Reddit post today. If this is true (citation needed) then wowsers. Judging by the many comments in my news post it seems there are a lot of positive and interested parties.

ValveNewsNetwork claims insiders say they’ve had as many orders since the HL:A announcement as in the entire time before it.

I'm a little unclear if this is orders for HLA alone, or Index/HLA combo.

If for HLA alone, would that be compared to sales of Half Life 1 & 2?

If they got orders for Index, then would that be compared to sales of the Index since it's announcement?

Either way, the draw power of HLA is impressive

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Speculation was that Valve had seen since launch some 45,000 actual headset sales - this was also limited to the unique fabrication capability Valve had gone for. So S suggestion of a doubling for the announcement means that Valve may be racing to the one million initial roll out faster than competitors.
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

pyroth309
Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

pyroth309 said:

I'm sure you're aware of what The Clint would say to that idea  B) 

Image result for do you feel lucky

That said, I really don't notice the glare - although it's there (hmmm, nice rhyme, lol).

You don't see any posts about the glare on Index Reddit anymore. To me finding the right angle and getting the lenses close reduce the glare a lot. Haven't been thinking about the glare for long - the inverted pixel columns are the main problem, not the glare. 2c.

Maybe better not to get into that subject, ignorance may be bliss  o:)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/dzyqvo/scan_lines_or_pixel_inversion_in_new_batches_of/

Yea I tried all of that when I had mine and it made it a bit better but it still blinded me in several games. I tried everything possible. Ultimately, It wasn't the reason I sold it but it's been the main reason I haven't repurchased one yet.

I'm hoping it was just something with my specific headset as I did see some people get RMA's with the same problem and claim the replacement was much improved. I'm looking forward to try again.