cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 11.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Search

We’ve made the following updates and enhancements to in-VR search to help you find new content faster:

• Improved discoverability to make it easier to find new content.
  • Enhanced navigation functionality to make it easier to scroll and use the search feature.
  • Added an autofill Search bar that populates when hovering over an autocomplete tag.

App Installs

Any pending or in-process app installs will now complete before your headset goes to sleep. This means that if you started a download and then took off your headset, your app should finish downloading before the headset goes into sleep mode.

Environments for Quest

We’ve added the new Environments feature to Quest. Environments allow you to change the world that surrounds you while in your Quest Home.

• You’ll be able to see your environment when you first put on your headset, use the Oculus store, update your settings, or browse your library.
  • You can view and change your environment from your Settings panel. To do this point at your bottom toolbar and select Settings > See all > Virtual Environments. Then point and choose the environment that you want to apply.
  • Please note this feature will be rolled out gradually over the coming weeks to ensure optimal quality and stability.
  • Once the feature is fully rolled out, look out for additional environment options coming in future releases.

Miscellaneous

• New High Score Shelf in VR (Beat Saber) - See high scores from friends in your VR Feed when playing Beat Saber. Please note that this feature is part of a test and, as result, is only available to a percentage of users at this time.
  • Achievements in VR - See achievements (new levels, trophies, etc. in games) from friends in your VR Feed. Please note that this feature is part of a test and, as result, is only available to a percentage of users at this time.
  • Personalization in VR - You can now favorite or hide apps/genres, which will either boost or remove them from your Explore Feed.
Oculus Link
  • Remote rendering is now available!

Check out our blog post and support center articles for details on connecting Quest to your compatible PC. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the feature to appear within your headset. If you still do not see the feature after that time, please reboot your Quest headset and log out and back into your account on the Oculus PC software.
148 REPLIES 148

teaston
Protege

dburne said:

Received my Joto 10 ft cable this afternoon, not able to get it to work. Everything just freezes.
Have the recommended Anker cable coming hopefully soon, will have another try when it arrives.
Very frustrating experience this evening.

Where did you but the Anker cable? I couldn’t find it in stock anywhere!

Anonymous
Not applicable

teaston said:

dburne said:

Received my Joto 10 ft cable this afternoon, not able to get it to work. Everything just freezes.
Have the recommended Anker cable coming hopefully soon, will have another try when it arrives.
Very frustrating experience this evening.

Where did you but the Anker cable? I couldn’t find it in stock anywhere!

Amazon, it was not in stock but due in soon supposedly - mine is supposed to ship by the 25th I think.
I did however get Link working with the Joto cable late last night - tried my front USB 3 port, and it worked great. Home opened up quickly and was smooth, and had a very short play in Vader Immortal and all looked good,
Will be doing more testing with it today,

I could not get audio through the Quest though, was only coming through my desktop speakers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting an error message when first connecting the Quest with Link, something to the effect of Oculus VRM TPAPP has stopped, then the message goes away and I am in Oculus Home.

Anyone else seeing this when first connecting Link to the Quest?

Also finding the audio to be somewhat lacking, not much volume on my end using either Quest audio or earbuds plugged into Quest audio jack. Adjusting volume for it in Dash also causing the headset image to freeze up.

Ok disregard the audio comment, I needed to adjust in the Quest Home, not in my Rift Home/Dash. Duh...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not having much luck with using Link with Quest currently. Image keeps eventually freezing up in the HMD for the most part. Plus sometimes it takes me two to three tries to even get it to connect to Link. 
It may be this 10ft Tojo cable I got and am using. I have the recommended Anker cable on order but it is now showing it won't arrive until around 25th-27th.
I will try this all again when that cable gets here, right now just too dang frustrating.

Greekspartan121
Protege
Got these today from Amazon .

AFUNTA 90 Degree USB C Type C Male to Female Adapter, Right & Left and Upward & Downward Angled 90 Degree USB-C USB 3.1 Type-C Male to Female Extension Adapter

Just wanted the one,great results,perfect angle,to tuck the wire round the back .Would and nice fit.

It played perfect without any glitches.
Pistol whip, pirate trainer,Robo recall,Racket nx All played as they should,one after another.
I only stopped because I was drenched,lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well not exactly sure how I did it, but now have Oculus Link working with my Quest with this TOJO cable just fine.
Pretty cool I must say.
Amazing that it is providing the experience it does going through a USB 3 cable and the compressing/decompressing of the data.
Even used with a couple of combat flight sims - DCS and IL-2, and was surprised how well it did with them.
For those I will still prefer my Rift S though, slightly better image clarity and slightly less SDE than the Quest.

This is the cable I am using:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017COHTJ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anonymous
Not applicable

does GPU 1050 TI work with oculus link?

Tried right now some demos...and yes! it seems to work  🙂 
I'll try some heavier stuff and let you known

DiabolusCultor
Honored Guest
I only have 1 pc with 3.1 support but, it runs on a crappy Pentium dual core processor. I was able to run link on it for one day and now it wont let me connect anymore. Time for a processor upgrade i guess.

isaacaubrey
Protege
I was able to get the Rift/Link dashboard working on my Quest once about a week and a half ago. Ever since then, i click to enable the Link beta and it just drops me into the Quest dashboard. I go to settings and hit the enable Link beta option- screen goes black for a second and then i'm back at the Quest dashboard. Anyone else have this issue? It all works great one time and then... sell this pos and wait for the next generation?

nalex66
MVP
MVP

I was able to get the Rift/Link dashboard working on my Quest once about a week and a half ago. Ever since then, i click to enable the Link beta and it just drops me into the Quest dashboard. I go to settings and hit the enable Link beta option- screen goes black for a second and then i'm back at the Quest dashboard. Anyone else have this issue? It all works great one time and then... sell this pos and wait for the next generation?

If you're still opted into the PTC beta of the PC software, opt out to revert to 1.43. There was an update a few days after Link released that isn't compatible with the Quest software until the next update.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo