cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch controllers won't register with the Link update

An00bis
Honored Guest
Hello and thanks for helping me with this in advance. 

I have set up my Oculus Quest with the new link cord (Anker Powerline).  My laptop is powerful enough to run VR (it's the Asus GL702VM Model with the 1060 graphics).
Oculus app version 12.0.0.49.268 (12.0.0.49.268)

I followed the steps on how to set it up but when I go to purchase a game it tells me: "You'll need to set up a supported controller (Oculus Touch) before you can use the app you're purchasing".  So, I thought maybe I could set it up after I purchased a Rift game, which I did, and it still wouldn't let me play it.

As a side note that may also be relevant: I can't get SteamVR to recognize the quest or controllers either (I've tried both ways via Virtual desktop/ALVR).

So, I've done a search as to how to get my touch controllers to kind of link up with the app but I can't seem to find a straight answer on how to fix this problem.  I'm sure there's a simple solution to all of this but I'm just not VR savvy enough to know what I've done wrong.
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do the controllers work with the Quest in normal standalone mode, without the link?

An00bis
Honored Guest
Yep!  The Quest & controllers work just fine if I'm using it as a wireless Quest.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's definitely strange then. Unless you just needed to actually turn the controllers on(?)...but I'm guessing you probably pushed every damn button trying to get a response. 😛